“Well appointed hotel”

Hampton Inn & Suites Austin Downtown
Ranked #31 of 201 Hotels in Austin
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Very please with this hotel. Spacious rooms and modern bathroom facilities. The lobby area was very comfortable - with complimentary breakfast each morning. Managers drinks on selected weekday afternoons were a pleasant surprise after a long day in meetings.

Reviewed June 23, 2013

This hotel is in a great location in downtown Austin. I stayed there 5 nights in May 2013 for work. The hike and bike trail is close by, downtown and the entertainment district are within walking distance.

The hotel itself is fine. I paid ~$200 per night with a AAA discount. You can get a nicer hotel 10 miles north for half the cost...so you are definitely paying for location. It is a bit cheaper than other downtown options. The room was clean, on the smaller side, but with a good view. Breakfast was ok. There is a fairly large breakfast seating area. There is a fitness room with 2 or 3 machines and some free weights. It seemed to be under-sized and the machines were often fully occupied in the morning. Hotel services was adequate but unremarkable.

Room Tip: Downtown construction woke me up twice in the week. You may want to get a room on the other side of...
Reviewed June 22, 2013

this place is really bad! the room did not have curtains and the blinds didn't work.
it smelled like someone had run a meth lab their and they tried to cover up the smell with ammonia
the coffee was made with the meth water
in all seriousness stay away from this place. it has no redeeming value
much better choices in Austin

2  Thank hardtolike
Jennifer T, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Austin Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2013

Thank you for your feedback of your recent stay with us. I understand you were unhappy with the cleanliness of your room and I am very sorry for this experience. We take a lot of pride in our guests being satisfied and apologize that we were unable to meet that expectation. I am working with our housekeeping staff to prevent this from happening in the future. I hope that if your travels bring you back to the area, you will consider staying with us again.

Reviewed June 15, 2013

wow... the hotel allowed 45 people to have a graduation party at the TINY pool that were not guests of the hotel. When you allow 18 year olds to man the front desk.. you can't expect it to get taken care of. So much for a nice weekend in Austin.

• Stayed: June 2013

I’m so sorry you experienced some noise issues during your stay. We work diligently with our staff to ensure each of our guests is respectful of others, while still enjoying their stay and special event. We regret you experienced a noise level that made your stay unpleasant. We hope you will give us another shot the next time you are in the area. We are eager to make your stay with us the best hotel experience you’ve ever had.

Reviewed June 14, 2013

I enjoyed my stay at the Hampton. The hotel staff was lovely! Everyone was friendly, the pool was just right, and the location was perfect. I would definitely recommend to others! I was able to relax knowing I was taken care of.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Reviewed June 13, 2013

I must say, Hampton Inn has been stepping up their game. The first two floors of this building are vintage and have lovely charm. The room was clean, there is a smallish outdoor pool (lots of hanging out and beer drinking was going on there) and a good breakfast selection. The hotel is also a short walk to the clubs on 6th Street and the Congress Avenue bridge to see the bats. Valet parking with in-and-out privileges was $24 a day. Regular parking was $12 a day but there was not much information available on in-and-out. Overall, I would stay here again!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 13, 2013

Found this motel average, the reception staff was average and the gentlemen who worked in the mornings was just plain rude.
Breakfast selection was very good, however this was the only highlight. Unfortunately we left some items in our room and when I contacted the motel I was advised to call a direct number and this went to voice mail and I was never contacted after two attempts.
Great location and as Australians will be travelling to Austin again for The motor racing next year, unfortunately I would not recommend.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple