New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Hampton Inn & Suites Austin Downtown

Hampton Inn & Suites Austin Downtown
Ranked #26 of 198 Hotels in Austin
New York City, New York
“Nice hotel in downtown Austin”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

Nice place, close to the convention center, clsoe to the crazy bar scene on 6th, cvs in walking distance, whole foods in walking distance, 20 mins from the airport, decent breakfast, clean room, plenty or restaurants nearby, liquor store 2 blocks away although they have a blue law so no booze on Sunday except in a bar but otherwise no complaints

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
  • Korean first
New Orleans, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

If his hotel is nicer than your average Hampton. The beds reminded me of the Ritz beds...very comfortable! We stayed in a regular room and it had a mini fridge which was nice. There is a free breakfast every morning and the food was very good. The staff was attentive. The location was great, right in the middle of downtown, near the lake and some great restaurants!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Colorado Springs, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

The hotel had friendly staff, provided maps, advice and a good breakfast as part of the stay. The hotel was clean comfy and attractively furnished. (The bed was excellent.) Can't beat that location which is close to good restaurants, Capitol Building, SoCo (South Congress) street and the river walk which I highly recommend you take after dinner. Valet parking was the only thing available otherwise I could have given it 4 stars. Most hotels provide valet parking option;common, valet parking ($26) for my rental car?

Room Tip: Can't say I have one.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 stars
Jennifer T, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Austin Downtown, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
I appreciate your review of our property. I understand that you were unhappy with some of the charges and I apologize for any miscommunication. We strive to create a wonderful and affordable guest experience. Thank you again for your review.
Orange, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

If you are looking for a good downtown location, this is a nice choice. I had a conference & trade show to attend at the Austin Convention Center and this was a nice walk. Rooms were clean and updated. "Room Service" is P.F. Changs and Flemings, so how can you go wrong? Fast, friendly, and attentive staff. Breakfast was above average and had a very mice selection of healthy alternatives.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Dallas, Texas, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

I WILL NEVER STAY HERE AGAIN. I went to Austin with a girlfriend to celebrate my birthday. I picked this location because it is conveniently located in downtown to many restaurants, shops, clubs, lounges, & music venues. It's too bad the hotel bites the big one. From beginning to end, service lacked in quality and cleanliness. It needs renovating for sure - especially when it comes to manners. I waited in my car in front of the valet for quite some time without the valet even noticing. I finally got out and asked if they would valet my car. He said sure & didn't bother to move or help with my bags. I asked my girlfriend how they treated her - the same. WTF?! I get to the front desk, and wait while the staff chit-chats. I finally get checked in...next day, early morning. House keeping and a manager knocked on our door not one, not two, but four times! We had a do not disturb sign, told them to stop knocking since we were sleeping in and my girlfriend was hungover. Needless to say, they kept knocking! "We came to clean." "Aren't you checking out?" "Aren't you checking out?" ...Seriously?! Like I said, great location - horrible staff which will make me give my service to another hotel.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank Jodi_Tag
Jennifer T, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Austin Downtown, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
Thank you for staying with us. We are very sorry for your experience, we are working on improving our guest rooms and are planning serveral customer service training classes in order to improve our service so that this does not happen again. Please let us know if you have additional comments or suggestions you would like to share. We are all about Satisfaction Guaranteed
Reisterstown, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

Spent a long weekend for the Moto GP in April. Everything was fine, as I have come to expect from Hampton's that I have stayed in over the years. Staff very friendly & attentive, room (king suite) was very comfy & clean. Pool on the 4th floor was heated & a welcome unwinding spot at the end of thee day for us & our friends. I'm sure there are fancier hotels in the area, that cost substantially more for but for a pleasant stay with a great staff give the Hampton Downtown a try next time you're in Austin.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Chicago, IL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

stayed here instead of conference hotel of Four Season. Glad I choose this hotel because the breakfast was far superiour to what was provided at Four Seasons. Breakfast was the normal scrambled eggs,hard boiled bacon, yogurts, bread (whole wheat), fruit (sliced and whole), pasteries, juice, cereal, waffles, and all the fixings to go with....they even had soy milk.
Ask for a room above the 5th floor due to noise. The gym is being renovated so the equipment is set up in an different room, however the equipment is old and not maintained or cleaned, lots of metal shavings on the floor from lack of oil. In addition there are no exercise mats, jump ropes, balls or bands to use (a small investment of $100). Make sure to take a walk down to the river trail, well maintained and clean. The manager reception also had wine and some snacks. Location great as is was 2 blocks from the four seasons, plenty of restaurants, and a Jimmy Johns was close enough to deliver! Make sure to go to Stubbs for BBQ!

Room Tip: high floor to avoid hearing the construction
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business