My husband, 10yr old daughter, and myself stayed at this hotel for 2 nights. We were there to watch our older 2 girls swim at the 4A High School State Championship Swim Meet that was at UT. The check in took less that 5 minutes. Steve at the front desk was great! He even let us check out 2 hours later without charge because the meet wasn't until late afternoon. We had a king studio in the corner on the 6th floor. It had a pullout sofa. The room was very large with a big long desk so my youngest could do some makeup school work, and, at the same time, my husband could work a little, as well. The room had a small fridge, microwave and sink. I used the fridge to store fruit, sandwich stuff, yogurt,etc. We thought the location was great and we had no problem with room noise. I did hear some construction going on but if you bring your noise maker machine or use IDream on your iPhone, then you don't hear it. Check out took less than 5 mins, as well. Parking is 19$ a day.
The only thing we thought that was not great was the breakfast. The food had absolutely no flavor. There was no salt, only pepper.There was some cold breakfast cereals,bread, and oatmeal, but the oatmeal had no flavor. Just needed a little salt. We're not picky about breakfast. Just having some basic scrambled eggs, instead of the flavorless omelet things they had in the warmer would be fine. The coffee was very good. We told them at checkout about breakfast. Not a big problem. It's an easy fix. We stayed at the Drury Inn and Suites last yr. They had a great breakfast. Waffles, eggs, sausage, bacon, biscuits and gravy, toast, bread, oatmeal, cold cereals, etc.
Gave it 4 stars only because of the breakfast. But, like I said, that's an easy fix and would stay again. Everyone was super nice and the hotel was clean and close to plenty.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hampton Inn & Suites Austin Downtown hotel is the perfect location to help you enjoy your downtown Austin activities. Austin is known as the 'Live Music Capitol of the World,' and we help you enjoy it by placing you right next to Sixth Street as well the University of Texas Austin and the Texas State Capitol. Our hotel brings a New Orleans style to Texas with our Bourbon Street style, fitting right in with the "Keep Austin Weird" theme. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hampton Inn & Suites Austin Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn & Suites Austin Downtown Hotel Austin
- Hampton Inn And Suites Austin Downtown
- Hampton Inn Austin
- Austin Hampton Inn