“Weekend Stay”

Hampton Inn & Suites Austin Downtown
Ranked #29 of 203 Hotels in Austin
Reviewed February 24, 2013

My husband, 10yr old daughter, and myself stayed at this hotel for 2 nights. We were there to watch our older 2 girls swim at the 4A High School State Championship Swim Meet that was at UT. The check in took less that 5 minutes. Steve at the front desk was great! He even let us check out 2 hours later without charge because the meet wasn't until late afternoon. We had a king studio in the corner on the 6th floor. It had a pullout sofa. The room was very large with a big long desk so my youngest could do some makeup school work, and, at the same time, my husband could work a little, as well. The room had a small fridge, microwave and sink. I used the fridge to store fruit, sandwich stuff, yogurt,etc. We thought the location was great and we had no problem with room noise. I did hear some construction going on but if you bring your noise maker machine or use IDream on your iPhone, then you don't hear it. Check out took less than 5 mins, as well. Parking is 19$ a day.
The only thing we thought that was not great was the breakfast. The food had absolutely no flavor. There was no salt, only pepper.There was some cold breakfast cereals,bread, and oatmeal, but the oatmeal had no flavor. Just needed a little salt. We're not picky about breakfast. Just having some basic scrambled eggs, instead of the flavorless omelet things they had in the warmer would be fine. The coffee was very good. We told them at checkout about breakfast. Not a big problem. It's an easy fix. We stayed at the Drury Inn and Suites last yr. They had a great breakfast. Waffles, eggs, sausage, bacon, biscuits and gravy, toast, bread, oatmeal, cold cereals, etc.
Gave it 4 stars only because of the breakfast. But, like I said, that's an easy fix and would stay again. Everyone was super nice and the hotel was clean and close to plenty.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank linmerry
Write a ReviewReviews (1,105)

Reviewed February 22, 2013

I really want to love this property, but despite the great service and super helpful/friendly staff, it has been hard to get any sleep here. My room was facing the conference center and there was loud music late at night. Then at 7 am the construction started - and it was ridiculously loud! There was a bulldozer scraping off asphalt and then backing up and beeping, over and over again at 7 am. So I was up til 2 am from the street noise and music, then woke up from the construction. There is another big construction site in back of the hotel. So if this is important to you, check on the construction situation before staying here. Other than that, I highly recommend this property. Very convenient to many restaurants and the convention center, and as I said, the staff is wonderful. Bed is very comfortable too, so maybe if you bring earplugs....??

Room Tip: Ask if construction if finished.
1  Thank LuanaRubin
Reviewed February 20, 2013

Only stayed here because every hotel was booked. If I could have switched to another hotel I would have. I never give reviews on Trip Advisor but I feel I need to warn people about how awful this hotel is. Stay away!! Not Worth it!!!

Reviewed February 16, 2013

This hotel is fantastic. It was super convenient to down town and easily accessible to public transportation. We walked everywhere. This hotel has a great balcony off the breakfast area. The breakfast was great (and free). The staff were just so personable and friendly, and they have a shuttle to the airport. I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank kk1249
Reviewed February 13, 2013

The hotel was walking distance to several downtown attractions. Breakfast is great and the rooms were clean. Staff was pleasant, but valet was slow. I would definitely recommend this hotel. The hotel staff was very helpful in helping us plan our sightseeing. The hotel shuttle will run you around for $3. You are so close to 6th street that you can walk back to the hotel after you are done enjoying the night life!

Room Tip: You don't hear the nearby construction from the higher floors.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Jessica R
Reviewed February 10, 2013

This hotel was great and the location was excellent. Easy walking to the Convention Center, Congress Street, and Sixth Street. The breakfast was delicious. The beds were comfortable. Happy Hour was a pleasent unexpected delight.

3  Thank teacherme
Reviewed February 7, 2013

Stay here for a great value and easy walks to Rainey Street, Dirty 6th Street and Warehouse areas. Clean hotel. Normal Hampton breakfast. A bit slow on the valet. Very convenient to the airport. If you are gold or diamond Hilton honors members, make sure you get your water every night.

• Stayed: January 2013