“Great Location”

Hampton Inn & Suites Austin Downtown
Ranked #31 of 201 Hotels in Austin
Reviewed July 10, 2012

I stayed here for one night in a business trip and the location was great. There was plenty of nightlife and great food within walking distance. There was a lot of construction around the hotel so it was kind of hard to he around but nothing too bad. The hotel was clean and the breakfast was typical. The only complaint was the bathroom door. You had to shut it to get to the toilet which is kind of hard to do when your half asleep in the middle of the night. Never seen a toilet behind the main door before. I would stay here again

• Stayed: July 2012

Reviewed July 6, 2012

My wife and I went for one night with our teenage son and infant just to show my son the town of Austin. You could not get a better spot for a hotel as I could see 6 very nice restaurants from my hotel room along with being about 2 blocks from Six Street. Check in was very pleasant and efficient along with valet. The valet should have those little carts out by the cars though as it made it unpleasant to offload your bags on the street and then have to find the carts. The managers reception in the evening was unexpected but very nice to have, reminded me of the Embassy Suites. Free beer and wine is always welcome. The breakfast was ok in the morning, just typical serve yourself with hot waffle maker. Room was a king suite which was large and comfortable. The bathroom need a little more cleaning as the buildup in the corners was a little excessive for me as I could see hair but that would be a quick fix or maybe I am too much of a clean freak. Overall, typical Hilton brand hotel with good service, not quite Embassy Suites, but very good and would stay again.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 2, 2012

My husband and I love Austin. He went to school there, we got engaged there, it's special to us. So, when we realized we needed to delay our actual honeymoon we decided we'd go run down to Austin for a couple of days after the wedding for a little 'minimoon'.

The Hampton Inn is situated within walking distance of most of the places we wanted to visit. We had a very nice room and everyone was very friendly from the time we dropped off the car at Valet, til we checked out. We loved the breakfast buffet, and the nightly happy hour. Overall we felt very welcomed and very comfortable as guests at this hotel.

Our only complaint was the pool. It is terrible. It feels like you are in a giant bathtub on the top of the roof. That wasn't a huge deal to us though because we weren't planning on spending a lot of time in the pool even if it were an oasis. But, if the pool is a big deal to you, this hotel does not deliver in that regard. If it's not a huge deal to you then don't let this dissuade you from staying at the Hampton. It was lovely.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank KHollyTX
Reviewed June 24, 2012

We stayed for one night at this Hampton Inn.
When we arrived we were a bit scares of major building works next to the hotel. So we expected an early rude wakening. But amazingly we didn´t hear a thing.

Our room was very spacious, quiet, clean and comfortable. Besides a wonderful kingbed and a desk and chair, we had an sitting area with a couch, table and chair. Lovely.
Bathroom was spacious and clean too.
Breakfast was good.

The hotel is close to restaurants, bars and 6st street. It´s also walkable to the bridge on S. Congress Ave. to see the bats. The only thing was that the bats didn´t show up.

Next time in Austin, we´ll stay again at this Hampton Inn.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Monique02
Reviewed June 21, 2012

Hotel was good. We got a double bed room- I was surpised that they were truly double beds as in a full size. It was okay, its just been a while since we slept on such a small bed. Comfy and good linens. The location was great for downtown Austin. Restaurants and bars within walking distance. The hotel doesn't have self parking. But literally next door is a public parking garage for $12, I think. Versus the $23 per day they charge for Valet. Breakfast was included and wasn't bad. Typical free breakfast fare. I'd stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 19, 2012

good location
friendly staff
good breakfasts
swimming pool next to a building site a little dirty

Room Tip: good views at front of hotel
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 11, 2012

We were recommended this Hotel. The location and the Hotel itself were good, but what we didn't realise was that there was massive building work going on right next to the Hotel. It was extremely noisy from early on in the morning until about 8 at night. When you sat at the pool to sunbathe or swim everything was covered in a fine dust from the work going on. I have been in touch with Expedia USA to inform them of the situation but as yet have not had a reply except to acknowledge my e-mail. I have taken photos and have enclosed them to let you see for yourself.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends