“Decent Selection”

Dimassi's Mediterranean Buffet
Ranked #523 of 3,849 Restaurants in Austin
Reviewed July 6, 2013 via mobile

Ate here with my daughter for dinner. Good selection of food, nicely presented. Loved the pita bread! The gyro meat was very good. Enjoyed the hummus as well, very creamy and smooth. The spinach was delicious, too. The service is non-existent, though. It's completely self-serve, including the drinks. If you're in the area and you like Mediterranean food, it's a decent value.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

You had a lot of variety in the buffet; baked Tilapia, fried chicken, lamb shanks and quite a few Mezze.
I liked the Fried chicken, not an item at the top of your head when you think of a "mediterranean" buffet. The hot bread was a welcome item and went well with the Humous.
The Baklava was a disappointment though.
The place is completely self service, which is something I prefer at buffets.

Reviewed May 15, 2013

My family and I love eating at Dimassi's on the weekends because we have to drive 70 miles to get to it. It is the restaurant that we take all our guests to. The variety of great food they offer is a great bargain for us. The lamb dishes they serve on the weekends are the best. The salad bar is excellent. Their tabuli is great and so is their hommos and baba ghanouj. You get great food with drinks and desert for a great price.

Reviewed April 4, 2013

I think this buffet might have been really good if I had eaten there when they first brought it out at lunch. However I ate after 6:00 in the evening and it really looked and tasted like it had been there a while. There was a lot of variety but several of the offerings were empty. Doubt I would go back.

Reviewed May 28, 2012

Dimassi has reopened under different management and it shows. We really like Middle Eastern food and were excited by Dimassi when we first discovered it years ago. Then it slowly slid into mediocrity, then closed. It's open again and a new manager was running the show and he obviously cleaned things up a bit. The food was fresh, the decor improved, and they got the baklava back up to snuff. This place is back on our favorites list because of it.