“Awesome Bachelorette Party Activity!”

City Running Tours Austin
Austin Historic Downtown 5K
Ranked #4 of 46 Food & Drink in Austin
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: City Running Tours allows you to explore Austin in the most unique and fun way.. By offering a variety of casual running tours at reasonable prices, we allow you to bypass the typical tourist traps (segways, buses) in favor of a tour that feature the city's hidden gem attractions in addition to it's most famous landmarks. Visit popular sights like the Capitol Building, Driskill Hotel, and Ladybird Lake on our Downtown 5k or sample some local brews on our beer-themed Texas Beer 5k. Our guides keep it fun and casual so you can take in the sites while learning about our Central Texas paradise. Sweat and sightsee with us at City Running Tours Austin!
Chicago, Illinois
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Awesome Bachelorette Party Activity!”
Reviewed March 26, 2014

I'm not sure how many brides-to-be are as luck as I am to have friends that will put up with her adventurous ideas - but when I suggested we do a 5k together during my bachelorette party, a few of them must have thought I was nuts.

Then again - they didn't know how awesome our Beer-Run experience with City Running Tours was going to be!

We had such a blast trotting through Austin - despite the temps being so much warmer that we all are used to during March (winter for the rest of the country!). Lee, our guide, was super knowledgeable, funny, and a great judge of collective pace - the run was a run, but nobody got dropped, no matter what their running level. And we got to drink beer while we did it!

Overall, I highly recommend taking in this view of Austin if you're in town. I'm definitely planning to look into the City Running Tours for other cities I visit. It's a great activity for a group, and a great way to see a city.

Visited March 2014
1 Thank linzyran

• Turkish first
Chicago, Illinois
“Most Active Way to See the City!”
Reviewed February 20, 2014

My boyfriend and I went on a beer running tour while visiting Austin and had a really terrific time! It's actually inspired us to do similar tours for future vacations. Abby was a fantastic guide and we learned so much about the city. The pace was pretty easy and allowed for conversation which was nice since I wasn't looking for anything too strenuous (it was vacation after all!). Highly recommend City Running Tours!

Visited February 2014
Austin, Texas
“Great Way For A New Resident To Learn The City!”
Reviewed January 27, 2014

I just moved to Austin this past week, and my friend who road tripped with me from L.A. found this tour and thought it would be a great way to break into Austin culture. The run wasn't strenuous, but it was nice to get a few calories burned to make room for the delicious food we ate later. Lee was our guide, and he was extremely knowledgeable. I was impressed at all the fun stuff he knew about the cities, the buildings, the culture, the food etc. I feel like I'm a million times better off having just moved to Austin because of our running tour. Highly recommend!

Anaheim, California
“Changing the game for tourists in Austin”
Reviewed January 17, 2014

After eating my way through Austin's fine eating establishments during my week-long stay in the city, this running tour served as a much needed escape from my gluttonous tendencies while mixing in some fun facts about the city that I would have never learned in a guide book. Lee was great and energetic--his passion for the city of Austin is unparalleled. We had to the pleasure of participating in the flagship "Austin Drinking Duathalon" which ended with a nice pedal through Barton Springs on the PubCrawler, a genius concept, which is pedaled by the people on the tour. Not to worry, you can enjoy a cold beer while learning about Austin's fun facts.

Fort Worth, Texas
“Great Out-of-the-Ordinary Fun”
Reviewed January 13, 2014

You don't have to be a serious runner to enjoy this tour. Ours ended at a "pub crawler", a trolley-type bar, pedaled by the people on the tour. Great fun and easy, for all ages over 21! We will sign up again when our whole family is in Austin. Lee did a great job making certain everything moved smoothly from the run to the pub crawler. Interesting information about Austin too. What do you know about the moon towers?