“Definitely recommend doing!” 5 of 5 bubbles

City Running Tours Austin
Ranked #3 of 45 Food & Drink in Austin
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: City Running Tours allows you to explore Austin in the most unique and fun way.. By offering a variety of casual running tours at reasonable prices, we allow you to bypass the typical tourist traps (segways, buses) in favor of a tour that feature the city's hidden gem attractions in addition to it's most famous landmarks. Visit popular sights like the Capitol Building, Driskill Hotel, and Ladybird Lake on our Downtown 5k or sample some local brews on our beer-themed Texas Beer 5k. Our guides keep it fun and casual so you can take in the sites while learning about our Central Texas paradise. Sweat and sightsee with us at City Running Tours Austin!
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Definitely recommend doing!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2013

This was my first trip to Austin. I did a personalized 7-mile running tour early one morning. Dominique was a great guide & running partner - professional, relaxed, informative & fun! We went at my pace through lots of different neighborhoods, enabling me to get a feel for the city while learning about Austin's history & it's current cultural pulse. Loved seeing areas and places I might not have found on my own. I definitely recommend it! What a fun way to see Austin & get your daily run in!

• Turkish first
Kailua, Hawaii
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Great time!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2013 via mobile

I scheduled this tour last minute for my husband and I during our stay in Austin. As we are currently traveling across country we want to see as much of the city as possible in a short period of time. This was perfect. We did the 5K beer run. Our tour guide was Dominique. He was awesome. It was just the three of us but he was very easy to talk to. We got to see parts of the city we would not have gone and the bars were fun too. We got to try different Texas beers and see a cool city. At the end we sat and talked to our guide for awhile longer than the tour :) since my husband and I are from the east coast, it was a huge bonus to spend time with a local and get a good feeling of the town.

Austin, Texas, United States
“Plain awesome”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2013

I live in austin, never been on a tour before. It was a great adventure. The run was very casual, no extreme pace or anything, and the beer...well lets just say we went back to the bars that night. It never hurts to learn a little something extra so overall, an awesome experience.

5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Runners best tour!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2013

Just visited Austin for the first time and my daughter suggested we do the 5k beer tour! It was a great way to hang out and get excercise! We learned a lot about Texas beers and Austin!

Austin, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The Best Way to see Austin.... While drinking!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2013

One of my friends recommended that I come out on a Texas Beer 5k Thursday night and I honestly had no idea what to expect. What we got was the most fun we've ever had on a tour. Lee had a great way of telling the story of Austin and told us some hilarious facts about the city that i've lived in my entire life. The beer was so delicious at Shiner Saloon where we sampled three different beers. The Cloak Room was a real dive bar gem, and Kung Fu Saloon was an adult playground with games everywhere. We had a ton of fun and felt energized going out later that night. We cant wait to try another tour and highly recommend it to anyone who doesn't like the typical tourist trap venue.

Visited March 2013