“Must do for tourists, Fun for locals - Best way to see Austin!”
Review of Rocket Electrics

Rocket Electrics
Ranked #1 of 111 Outdoor Activities in Austin
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Rocket Tours of Austin. Your one stop for the very best tours in Austin. Our top rated public, private, and self-guided electric bike tours will give you the best experience for our Austin outing.
Reviewed August 19, 2013

I went to visit my friend in Austin. I had never been and she has lived there for years. We are both avid bikers so I suggested that we rent bikes to tour the city. It was 104 degrees out and we had been out drinking the night before. My friend suggested we try these electric bikes. Best. Decision. Ever. Sooo much fun and you can get as much or as little exercise as you want. We got to see all of Austin: Lake front, downtown, UT, capital, South Congress, etc. without killing ourselves. We also made lots of friends, since everyone that saw us zipping by was curious about the bikes. I was a little nervous going in to it, but after Nicole explained everything and we tried the bikes out in the parking lot, I never once felt unsafe or uncomfortable at all. I would even argue that these are safer than normal bikes, because fatigue is not an issue. I normally don't bother writing reviews, but this was so much fun, such a good value, and the owners were so nice and helpful that I want to do everything I can to spread the word.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
"great tour"
in 31 reviews
"bike ride"
in 17 reviews
"highly recommend this tour"
in 17 reviews
"highlight of our trip"
in 14 reviews
"food truck"
in 22 reviews
"visiting austin"
in 31 reviews

Reviewed August 19, 2013

My son and I had only 3 days in Austin and wanted to see as much as possible. The Electric Bikes were by far the best way to get around. We had a blast. Never a problem parking and plenty of speed and battery to get around. We keep them for 24 hours and the Valeted them at the hotel overnight. I would highly recommend. Nicole was great.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
Reviewed August 1, 2013

We spent a couple of hours riding bikes around Lady Bird Lake, and it was great fun. John and Nicole, the owners, were super-nice and spent lots of time with our group (which included three kids), helping to familiarize us with the features of the bikes and how to use them. They have tandem bikes for folks who are a little out of practice with cycling.
The lake is beautiful, and riding a bike was a nice way to see it. This was one of my favorite things that we did during our visit to Austin.

Reviewed July 28, 2013

These bikes are so fun and perfect for anyone who may be intimidated by Austin's hill-y bike terrain! Nothing like a little extra boost to get you up those hills. Pedal OR not. Or act like you're pedaling in front of hardcore cyclists on the trails! Fun way to spend the day with friends - ride around Town Lake, ride to Rainey Street and have a great lunch or drinks....explore the gorgeous scenery around town....these are the perfect vehicle to find secret spots you wouldn't see driving around. And the people who run this place are SOOOOO accommodating - they explain everything, provides bike trail maps (from easy to rough) and talk you through some sample routes depending on what you want to do. They even provide the sunscreen! (and all for a totally reasonable rental price). Love these guys!

1  Thank DeirdreDD