“Thanks Nichole and John!”
Review of Rocket Electrics

Rocket Electrics
Ranked #1 of 107 Outdoor Activities in Austin
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Rocket Electrics Tours offers Austin's only comprehensive electric bike tour service. Unlike traditional bikes, electric bikes offer riders the ease of use as the electric motor quietly and effortless glides you around the city. Come find out why Rocket Electrics Tour consistently one of the top tours in Austin. Guided Tours: Foodie Tour Includes a guide, electric bike, and four courses for food from the coolest spots in town. We hire Foodoes and chefs to be your guide and pick the best spots based on your preferences and all food is included! Private tours are available for more flexible start times and tour options. Live Music Capital of the World Tours. For this tour we hire full time working Austin musicians to guide you through the city and uncover Austin's musical heritage. The tour climax is a live performance by the artist overlooking downtown Austin. Many seasoned world travels have said it is simply the best tour they have every experienced. Lady Bird Lake Tours. Get a great overview of Austin and see some great sights. Stops included Stevie Ray Vaughn Statue, Doug Sahm Hill, Barton Springs, Zilker Park, and Rainey Street. Private tours are available for more flexible start times. Custom Private Tours and Corporate Outings If you enjoy VIP treatment, our Private tours may be just the right ride for you and your group! Private tours are the ride of choice for special occasions or just because you'd rather not share a guide. We offer Private tour experiences on almost every day of the week and we love sharing your celebrations; birthdays, family reunions, bachelor/bachelorette parties, anniversaries, or just to have FUN, we're ready to give you a unique experience! Self-Guided Tours: If you prefer to find your own way around town take our electric bikes out for the day or even overnight. We will provide maps and make sure you get pointed in the right direction for anything you would like to see. We even have door to door ebike delivery that can have bikes delivered right to your hotel or rental (within Austin City Limits) All tours begin at the Rocket Electrics shop at 1608 East Riverside Dr 78741, One mile Southeast of downtown Austin. Our shop is directly connected to the famous Austin Hike and Bike trail system and has unlimited free parking. Our tours can accommodate groups as small as 2 and as large as 30. Custom tours are available for groups of 5 or more.
Reviewed October 29, 2012

Thaks to Nichole owner of Rocket Electrics, and to John the General Manager of Rocket Electrics....
As we were staying in the hotel in Austin, it was my daughter Amy that came back in the room after having coffee,Amy says I know what we can do today mom, i said what Amy what can we do? She said we can go bike ridding, I said no way I have not ridden a bike in years, and like always she said come on mom lets do it will be fun! So my husband says sounds great so off to the bike place we go to rent some bikes...The owner Nichole and the General Manager John couldn't been nicer, and they explained to us all the great places we can see and how great it is to ride a electric bike..So after awhile off we go ridding the electric bike...I have to say after coming back we were gone for more than an two hours it was one of the best experience ridding a bike after so many years, and what a great way to see the city...The three of us really enjoyed riding the bike, and seeing the views. So fun! Thanks John & Nichole, and thanks to Amy for thinking of something great for a day in Austin, that we could all be together and see the sites. This was a great day!

There are newer reviews for Rocket Electrics

Reviewed October 25, 2012

The team at Rocket customized a tour for our group of girlfriends celebrating a 50th birthday. They did an amazing job, were great listeners, flexible and friendly. We all had a blast. We hit 2 BBQs, 1 Tamale, and Gourdoughs all while seeing some great sites and the lake. It was a perfect afternoon. Can't wait to return for another ride!!!

Reviewed October 23, 2012

I've been to Austin twice and rented bikes both times. Electric is the way to go. There aren't a ton of hills, but the assistance is pretty nice, especially when it's 90+ degrees with humidity. Bikes are a pretty good way to explore the city in general, Austin isn't huge and you can get pretty much everywhere. Just borrow a U-lock and avoid dealing with parking spots.

Service was awesome as well, great breakdown of how the bikes work and a real earnest interest in making sure you have a good time. Tips on where to go, what to do, where to eat. Even gave us cold bottles of water after our ride to help us stay cool. Would recommend taking a day renting bikes from them to anyone I know headed to Austin.

Reviewed October 16, 2012

I just got back to Los Angeles after a week in Austin and I can say that my experience would've been completely different if I didn't rent an electric bike from Rocket Electrics. You can't help but smile when you're zooming around town with a group of friends. The ease of getting to and from the park without the hassle of finding a cab, waiting in a shuttle line or paying for parking really made my experience way more enjoyable. Nicole and John are the best and I can't wait to come back and visit - and take another spin around town!

1  Thank amcampfield
Reviewed October 9, 2012

Rocket Electrics gave my wife and I an wonderful afternoon, riding all over urban Austin on two electric bikes. We traveled from East Austin to Lake Austin, tooling around Tarrytown, Clarkville, downtown, riding along Lady Bird Lake. I cannot overemphasize the fun -- seeing Austin close up, at a very comfortable speed, without any exertion. I like riding on trails, hike and bike trails, sidewalks (from time to time) . . . Just enjoying the scenery and outdoors. Can't get this on a scooter or a regular bike. A real treat. Now, we just need to buy two of them!

Terry Mitchell