“I BOUGHT A PEDEGO CITY COMMUTER TO COMMUTE VIA TRAIN/BIKE TO ROUND ROCK”
Review of Rocket Electrics

Rocket Electrics
Ranked #1 of 106 Outdoor Activities in Austin
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Rocket Tours of Austin. Your one stop for the very best tours in Austin. Our top rated public, private, and self-guided electric bike tours will give you the best experience for our Austin outing.
Reviewed September 6, 2012

My name is Nancy Smith. I teach at a Round Rock school, but I live in South Austin. I spent all summer dreading the soul-crushing, nerve-shattering ride to and from Round Rock. I mean it. Insane traffic is a quality of life issue. So I explored Metrorail, which got me close, but not all the way to work. Then I tried the route from the nearest train station (Howard and Lakeline) on my regular bike, and it was a no go - too much time and I was worn out when I got there. I found out that Round Rock is a round rock, and there are some killer hills.

Then I started looking at electric bikes. What an elegant solution to a problem!

So, I bought a Pedego City Commuter 48 volt bike just like the one John rides when he takes tours out. I know when I'm being given a sales pitch, but when John said, "You will never regret getting this bike," I knew he absolutely meant it and it was true.

I could have bought this bike online - free shipping and all that. But when I first went in to Rocket Electrics and was telling Nicole and John about my experiments with trying to get to Round Rock by 8:15 every morning, and John volunteered to explore the best route by riding my test runs with me, I decided right then that I would become a loyal customer. He also offered a rental if my commuter ever needed service, since I would be using my bike as a bona fide transportation vehicle. Plus we shared alma maters.

I trust Nicole and John to be in Austin as e-bike experts for a long time. And let me tell you - riding an electric bike is more fun than I can adequately explain. Here was my first thought when I took off on a Pedego: "Oh my god, I wish I could experience doing this for the first time over and over." I love riding horses, and for some reason, this put me in mind of the joy of riding horses. It really, really, really is fun.

If you buy an electric bike, get it here. Let's support local business. Nicole and John will do you right.

2  Thank Nancy S

Reviewed September 3, 2012

Went here this past weekend with two of my buddies, as we were looking for a fun way to get around and see Austin for the first time as we had never been there before. From the moment you walk into the store, the staff at this place rocks! They couldn't have been more friendly, provided us with water, helped us plan a great route to travel on, helped us out along the trail when we needed to use a cellphone. All around - couldn't have been more cool and helpful. And the bikes? - Holy Cow - 30 mph all over Austin - it was like renting go-carts almost. Really, if you're in Austin, this is the way to see the city. Awesome people, awesome bikes, all around amazing. I know this review sounds like I'm doing the store a "favor", but I promise you I have never met these people before, and I NEVER write reveiws, but after the experience we had this past weekend, I couldn't not. Seriously, super awesome!

1  Thank LanceWeiss
Reviewed September 3, 2012

We found these guys on TripAdvisor. Despite a temperature expected to be around 100 degrees, I booked a "Live Music Capital of the World" electric bike tour for my spouse's birthday. The owner was very flexible getting the tour set up and told us we would have a local musician operating the tour.

So it is difficult to put into words how enjoyable this experience was. From our arrival we were treated in a friendly, flexible manner. We were greeted by the owners and our musician tour guide (and his spouse who is also in the band) and made to feel at ease from the start. We received ample training on operating the bikes, made a few practice runs and were off.

We live in Austin and have seen many of the tour stops. Seeing them interactively with our fun tour guides, however, made many seem new. We were treated to little known trivia and shared some of our own. There were ample stops for water, bathroom breaks and photos. And best of all, despite the heat, you really don't break a sweat. The bike is doing the work for you.

When the tour ended, we were treated to a one set unplugged session by our tour guides (check out "The Staylyns" if you get to Austin) on a rooftop deck overlooking the lake at sunset. Does not get much better than that. The music was awesome. The ambiance was awesome. The whole experience was just awesome.

I'd recommend Rocket Electrics, this tour and the Staylyns to anyone looking to have fun in Austin. Rocket on!

Reviewed August 29, 2012

I visited Austin from Houston and have to say renting these bikes MADE our trip. The owners are so dang nice it made me feel bad that I got a flat and he had to drive and bring me a new bike. They are seriously the best people in all of Austin. They are extremely accommodating and give the best ideas of where to go. My friends and I ended up getting pretty darn intoxicated while we were out and decided that it would be a good idea to keep the bikes overnight. We gave him a call and once again being the most accommodating people ever gave us a rate we couldn't refuse to keep the bikes overnight. We were already set up with chargers in our saddle bag's think he had a feeling we were going to party pretty hard.). I have been back more than once and cant imagine making a trip to Austin without renting these electric bikes, at least one day that I'm there. It really gives you a chance to get a feel for what Austin is all about. I can not stress enough how much fun we had. If you are second guessing yourself on renting these bikes... DON'T!

I just want to wrap this up saying... If it wasn't for rocket electrics and the amazing owners, my trip in Austin wouldn't have been as memorable as it was. I LOVE this place. I hope them the best in their business!

1  Thank bhphilip06
Reviewed August 25, 2012

We rented 2 electric bikes from John at Rocket Electrics. John's a really friendly guy. He'll tell you where to go and what to see and then you can check it out by yourself. Because there are some pretty steep roads and the sizzling heat electric biles are the way to go. Renting a normal bike is cheaper but with this you'll see so much more. Well done John.

1  Thank johanlentjes