“Terrible experience!”
Review of Backspace

Backspace
Reserve with OpenTable
Backspace is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #220 of 3,783 Restaurants in Austin
Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 6th Street
Reviewed March 1, 2013

Backspace only gives you an hour to eat! My husband and I had a reservation, I was running late because of traffic and getting through 2 accidents on mopac. 3 different people kept telling my husband I better hurry since they can only let us use the table for an hour even though ther was no one there but two other couples. My husband ended up leaving because how much they pressured him on the time. Terrible customer service! Even when I told the management about my experience they requested, they defended the actions of the staff. My husband has ordered an appetizer,that he didn't get to finish, and was unimpressed. Snooty attitude for mediocre food.

1  Thank Smwilsonhair
There are newer reviews for Backspace

Reviewed February 27, 2013

And not just excellent pizza, fantastic brussel sprouts. Yes. I'm not kidding. Order those brussel sprouts. And the beets. And the roasted squash. Oh, just order the whole antipasti menu. You'll want to spend the night there trying everything. We did.

Enjoyed an intimate and delicious meal with old friends at Backspace. We were all from out of town. We felt like we had been let in on an awesome secret because we had found this restaurant. Prosecco with the cheese and meat platter? Yes, you should do it. Just one beer on tap? Sure but you are going to enjoy that beer. Like everything else.

Our waitress rocked awesome Sally Jessy Rafael glasses. She remembered one of my friends who had been in a couple days earlier. She encouraged us to order dessert even though they were getting close to closing for the evening. And I'm glad we took her advice. That cheesecake with amarena cherries was heaven in a small glass. The panna cotta is to die for.

If my stupid hotel was downtown I would eat here every single night of the week I'm in Austin for. And beg the Chef to open a location in Boston. Seriously, who knew you could find such excellent Neapolitan pizza in Austin?

Reviewed January 24, 2013 via mobile

Outstanding, super-thin, neopolitan pizza. There are only a few tables, and you'll probably need a reservation to sit at one, but the bar (maybe 8 stools?) is first come first served and a great choice. Antipasti are terrific -- try the Brussels sprouts. Nice wine list and Peroni on tap. Downtown vibe with zero attitude.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

Delightful and cozy restaurant just off 6th street; great service, reasonable prices and absolutely delicious fire oven pizza!

Reviewed December 30, 2012

Tiny place, but very cozy and romantic. Good happy hour (half priced apps, beer, wine). Pizza was excellent. Will def be back.