“These steaks will make you sing !”

Eddie V's Prime Seafood
Reserve with OpenTable
Eddie V's Prime Seafood is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 4,047 Restaurants in Austin
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Reviewed September 20, 2013

This is an up market steak house and seafood restaurant serving USDA prime beef cuts that are out of the world. The menu is highly flexible and one can mix and match seafood and steaks to suit your needs. Dan our waiter took us through the menu efficiently and knew his goods well. The New York strip was heavenly and the Sole fish simple swept me away. Lovely choice of wine to pick from. They give us two complimentary desserts and they were brilliant. You definitely need a booking since its a much sought after place. Only glitch was when they misplaced my booking. I enjoyed my food here and when I left I was singing !

Reviewed September 14, 2013 via mobile

Just know that Eddie V's is fine dining & the cost is parallel to quality! From our shrimp appetizer, to swordfish & filet entrees to bananas foster dessert, it was the very best. Our waitress Mary Kay gave awesome service! Never felt rushed & I guess we stayed 21/2 or 3 hrs. We did have reservations & I would suggest having them. Don't pass up Eddie V's!

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Everything is great at Eddie V's, except the price. Whew - talk about 2 weeks pay. But how often do you get phenomenal cuisine, perfectly prepared, with a taste unique to the restaurant? The reason for the high price is because that's what ensures the quality: The service was impeccable, the wait staff was attentive, friendly, professional, and could answer any question about any of the extensive menu items with a comprehensive degree of detail. There was sufficient staff so that they could remain at a table and answer all the questions with an unhurried and informative answer. We were impressed just with the level of knowledge. The restaurant is beautiful, extraordinarily maintained, and provided a great dining experience.

Reviewed August 30, 2013

We finally took our former neighbor's advice of five years and went to dinner at Eddie V's. Warning: if you don't have reservations, get there before 5:30 PM.

The ambiance exceeded our expectations. Most restaurants are loud where one must nearly shout to be heard across the table. We could talk in a normal voice. The tables are separated sufficiently so you don't feel you are part of the next party's conversation or meal. Diffused sunlight through high wall shades provided sufficient light so we could read the menus without the need of a miner's light. Linen table cloths and black napkins for lint free dark clothes were also a nice feature. The wine pairing was excellent.

We could not have asked for a better waiter than David. His air of sophistication reminded us of the finer dining establishments in New York City. His suggestions were welcomed and accurate. He should be the Dean of a school mandatory for all wait staff.

The food was excellent. The King Salmon and the Filet Mignon specials were prepared to our requests. The Crab and Corn Chowder had sufficient spice to anyone's taste.

Eddie V's at the Arboretum is definitely on our list of restaurants to frequent in the future.

Reviewed August 23, 2013

We chose Eddie V's for an anniversary dinner on Tuesday night. Our table was ready per our reservation, but as the seater led us to our table I noticed that some tables by the window had a superb view. I asked if it were possible to get one of those, but was told they had been requested by reservation. We were there on a first visit, so I had been unaware of the seating. Our booth area was all right, but completely across the room from a window. Our server was very helpful and attentive and offered a complimentary dessert when my husband mentioned the anniversary-the Bananas Foster was quite impressive and delicious. We both ordered fish- the swordfish I thought was not particularly flavorful, but the halibut was very nice. Sides were perfectly prepared and delicious.

Been to Eddie V's Prime Seafood? Share your experiences!