“Consistently Excellent”

Eddie V's Prime Seafood
Reserve with OpenTable
Eddie V's Prime Seafood is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 3,971 Restaurants in Austin
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Reviewed June 18, 2013

Been here several times and get something different each time. So far all the dishes are outstanding. Steaks and fresh fish highly recommended!

Reviewed June 11, 2013

Don't believe what this is all that!!! Made Reservations early Sun am., requesting a view table. What we got was a booth that looked directly into the sun and we had to sit side by side-hubby a lefty and me a right hander. We requested the HH menu. NOOOO!!! There were no seats available. Okay, so we ordered off the dinner menu. Have eaten at best restaurants
where ala carte still means a little garnish of potatoes or veggies, my "redfish" came with NOTHING!!! I grew up on the gulf coast of TX and know what redfish taste likes. This was either frozen or farm raised and the sauce was sweet. Hubby's tuna was just okay. Our $6 side of gratin potatoes was fine until you got to the potato part which was almost raw!!!! CHEAP WINE good grief!!!.. we were presented a dessert menu where we should order the "hot" desserts when presented. We had decided on the chocolate cake, but waiter finally got there when we were were ready to order and said we had to wait. I don't get the $100 plus tab. It was a very special occasion for us and we left unhappy and feeling ripped of--not to mention service with an attitude!!!

Reviewed May 29, 2013

I brought my fiance' here for her birthday. Other than the view (we were placed at a location with a nice view of the Hill country), everything else was subpar from what I've come to expect of Eddie V's. The downtown location seems to know how to cook better.

Asparagus was not cooked at one end (base). Because of that it was very stringy. Usually the tough end of the asparagus should be shaved/peared down in my experience at fine restaurants or the base should be boiled while the tip steamed. It's actually harder to cook it right than many believe.

Waitress was horrible. She didn't ask whether we wanted items, she asked when we would like them, trying to up our bill. For instance, "Which dessert would you like?" instead of "Would you like a dessert?" I was wise to it but my fiance' was not. She said "Do you want me to bring you more wine at the beginning of the entree or right now?" My fiance' hadn't realized this and ended up with an extra $20 glass of wine that we didn't get compensated for and that I had to finish because it was too much wine for my petite fiance'.

The rest of the food was very good. The redfish was delicious as was the meuniere sauce and the beets were among the best I've tasted - it's hard to do beets right. I also enjoyed the crab rice on the house (for lousing up the asparagus) although I'm not a big mushroom fan.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

Went to Eddie V's for an early dinner prior to a movie. We were basically the first ones seated for the evening meal but you would have thought they had been ready for hours. Our server was attentive but not overly so and we had everything we asked for in record time. The food was amazing!! We had the tempura soft-shell crab appetizer which was outstanding and sold out before the dinner crowd even arrived due to the bar crowd ordering it (according to our server). We also had the lobster, stuffed shrimp, scallop dinner which again was amazing!. Each selection had it's own sauce which made for a wonderful combined flavor. The crab fried rice was our side and it was a huge serving which unfortunately mostly went to waste as the servings of everything else were so big. They asked when we arrived if it was a special occasion and when we said anniversary, we recieved and unexpected dessert treat. All in all a fantastic meal/experience. I will definitely go back!!

Reviewed May 27, 2013

Eddie V's is a top ranking restaurant fully worthy of all accolades. It is pricey of course, but this is to be expected given the quality of the ambiance, the food, and the service. This is an excellent place for very special occasions and very special celebrations. Yes you would think they specialize in seafood, and all the dishes we have tried there have excelled. However, their offerings in other forms of protein are equally elegant.
The thing that distinguishes superior culinary skill is the preparation of flavorful dishes that you cannot duplicate at home, and which need no additional seasoning whatsoever. There are salt and pepper shakers on the tables, but really they are generally superfluous, as the offerings are more than able to stand as they are without the addition of flavor enhancers.
We really like Eddie V's and highly recommend it. You won't be disappointed. Just be prepared for first rate food, atmosphere, and service, and be prepared to pay appropriately for it.

Been to Eddie V's Prime Seafood? Share your experiences!