Mandola's Italian Market
Ranked #191 of 3,827 Restaurants in Austin
Cuisines: Italian
Description: Damian and Trina Mandola welcome you to Mandola's Italian. It is an authentic Italian grocery and ristorante. It is a place to gather. But most of all, it is a place to truly enjoy great food and warm Italian hospitality.
Reviewed February 20, 2013

There is nothing that I don't like about Mandola's. We usually go to the location in the Triangle. The Parma Pizza is terrific and don't miss the bruschetta bread appetizer either. Split a salad and pizza with someone if you want some of each. Their pasta dishes are also excellent! And do not forget the desserts after dinner. We usually go for the Gelato but everything we have tried is good.

Reviewed November 20, 2012

I keep dining here; they keep serving me raw garlic.

It's crunchy and bitter.

You'd think an Italian restaurant would know how to cook garlic.

The server took my dish back and another fellow showed up later with my food and semi-rudely explained how difficult it is to cook garlic. The garlic was not cooked this time either.

The manager finally became involved and brought me some sauteed garlic in a delicious pachino sauce, and I was happy. He was very helpful and apologetic.

Shouldn't be this hard to get properly prepared food.

Reviewed October 15, 2012 via mobile

For casual dining, helpful service, really fresh and mostly house made food, good wine and indoor or outdoor seating, this place has it all. We had lunch and plan to return for dinner. Nice but not overwhelming menu. House made gelato. Order at counter, they deliver to your table. There is a market inside for purchasing Italian foods. This is not fancy dining. It's simple snd well prepared food. Lots of seating. I'd give their staff a 10 if i could

Reviewed August 30, 2012

We eat here twice per month. I have returned my food on several other occasions due to un- or under-cooked garlic.

I always order the taglierini pachino, with extra garlic. It arrived at our table with the extra, and the first bites were good, the garlic was soft, cooked just enough. By the time I made it to the bottom of the bowl, where the more dense garlic accumulated, the garlic was crunchy and bitter.

The cooks here must not eat garlic 'cause it's not any good when undercooked. It must be soft. They simply do not know how to cook the stuff.

I don't care for their mista salad either. The dressing and salad are excellent, except for one fatal flaw: finely chopped cucumbers. Many people, myself included, can't do cukes. I like the flavor, but the cukes don't like me. Cut them larger so we can pick them out!

Too bad they can't cook garlic here. It's an otherwise great place to hang out.

Reviewed August 28, 2012

We came for a college tour at UT and a self-directed culinary tour of the area. Thanks to the excellent reviews we decided to try Mandola's on our first day in town. In addition to focaccia so good it'll make you slap your mama, we had the most INCREDIBLE pizza - thin crust, sauce, and mozzarella!!! Who needs more?! Well, of course WE did - from the excellent Gelato bar while we roamed through the Italian grocery section. Did I mention it was Happy Hour and the food special pricing was too good to be believed? So wonderful we had to eat here again on our way back to the airport to return home four days later - even when it wasn't Happy Hour pricing! If you are in Austin and miss this place you shouldn't consider your trip complete!