All reviews room facing service road free breakfast yogurt king suite domain area front desk staff outdoor pool coffee maker highway noise downtown couch
Selected filters
Reviewed May 26, 2014

I wouldn't have stayed here due to the proximity to downtown (about 10 miles NW) but I had no choice. Everything was sold out and I had to pay ahead of time to get a room. Not sure if it was because it was Memorial Day weekend but I wanted to be closer to downtown and couldn't find anything else under $150/night that was available. I had a car and it didn't ruin my trip but the bed surely did. Crappy pillows and crappy mattress. It's my fault I should have asked for more pillows but it wouldn't have helped the mattress situation. My biggest complaint about this place is you can't see the entrance until it's almost too late. If you miss the entrance due to the tree overgrowth you will have to make a huge U-turn and go back to Braker Ln to start over. That being said, I will say that the front desk staff was very nice and spoke to us everytime we passed by through the lobby. The room was clean but the A/C was outrageously loud. It would wake me up when it cycled on and sounded like I was laying in a wind tunnel. For a basic stay, it's a good hotel, free parking, free Wi-Fi and free breakfast but that's it.

Date of stay: May 2014
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Ryan P, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Austin Northwest/The Domain Area, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2014

Dear Trip4AWeekend,

Thank you for reviewing our hotel! Im glad we were able to accommodate your stay this past Memorial Day weekend. I am very sorry that you did not enjoy your sleep here at the Fairfield Inn & Suites Austin Northwest, it is one of our main priorities to provide our guests with an exceptional night's sleep. For that reason, this summer we will be replacing all of our mattresses throughout the hotel. We are also currently in discussion with our landscaping team to make our hotel more visible from the frontage road to ensure that our guests can see us prior to the driveway.

I hope that you will give us the opportunity to host your stay next time you are in Austin, so you can see for yourself the improvements that we have made for our guests.

Reviewed May 22, 2014

Friendly front desk crew, basic accommodations. Fridge in room was a plus. Comfy bed and pillows. No HGTV or Food Network on the TV. Bathroom amenities were basic brands like Pantene and the soap was the cheapest hotel soap out there. For a basic stay it is fine. Free breakfast was ok. Coffee pretty good. Parking pretty decent, surface lot. Good location close to Domain and Arboretum. Overall nothing special but met my basic needs.

Room tip: I didn't have any noise issues but my room faced Mo-Pac.
Date of stay: May 2014
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Ryan P, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Austin Northwest/The Domain Area, responded to this reviewResponded May 27, 2014

Dear ABCinATL,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on Tripadvisor. While I am glad that we met your basic needs, I am disappointed that we did not exceed your expectations. It our goal to impress each and every one of our guests with our friendly and attentive customer service and clean and comfortable rooms, and I am so sorry that we did not do that for you.

I hope that next time you are in Austin you will let us have the opportunity to go above and beyond average for you.

Reviewed May 5, 2014

Rooms very clean, staff was pleasant. A repairman came in to fix smoke alarm and staff was very polite when this happened. Wasn't an inconvenience to me at all at the time. Breakfast was pretty good for being free every morning! TV was great, internet worked good. Location was OK. You can't really walk to anywhere. It is really close to a mall and other things, but you will definitely need a car.

Date of stay: March 2014
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Ryan P, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Austin Northwest/The Domain Area, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2014

Dear twighlight_campfighter,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel! I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay, and had time to experience our daily full hot breakfast buffet, I hope you got to try our fresh scrambled eggs, as they are the best!

Yes, walking around our area isn't the easiest method to get around, but for that reason we offer a complimentary shuttle (Monday thru Friday from 7:30am- 8pm) that will go within a five mile radius of our hotel (that includes the Domain Shopping Center, along with many local restaurants and businesses).

I hope we have the opportunity to host your stay again next time you are in town!

Reviewed April 6, 2014

We were in Austin for a car show and loved this hotel, everyone was so friendly, we asked the front desk clerk about a close place to eat, she not only made a suggestion, but gave us a certificate for a free appetizer at that place which was pleasantly unexpected by us. Our room was nice and clean and close to back exit so we didn't have to walk far to our car and the only partial complaint I would have is that the bed was not comfortable as our Serta IComfort bed at home, that was ok though, and by the way, we were on the even numbered side and had several trains come through last night and were not bothered at all, but my father was a railroad engineer and that sound reminds me of good memories of him, we would definitely stay here again!

Date of stay: April 2014
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Ryan P, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Austin Northwest/The Domain Area, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2014

CYPRESS98,

Thank you for taking the time out to review the Fairfield Inn & Suites Austin Northwest! I hope you enjoyed your time at the car show. I am so glad you enjoyed our hotel and that our team was able to recommend a restaurant that you enjoyed. We have a great amount of restaurants in the local area, and we always love to recommend our favorites to our guests.

I hope we can host your stay again next time you are in the area!

Reviewed April 6, 2014 via mobile

Room was clean and at a decent standard. The breakfast was not very good.

When we checked in, the front office staff were very friendly. However, the following staff we meet were coming across as they did not want to be there. Like it was an issue or not their job to call for a taxi. Or really an issue if you asked for a receipt.

Date of stay: March 2014
Trip type: Traveled on business

Bjorn C,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I cannot apologize enough that you were not impressed by our hotel, as we try our best to go above and beyond for each and every one of our guests. We pride ourselves on having the cleanest rooms and the friendliest of staff and I am disappointed that you did not feel that our staff was not the friendliest. I will address this with all of our staff members to ensure that we achieve our goals of making all of our guests feel welcome in the future.

I hope you will give us another chance next time you are in town.