Fairfield Inn & Suites Austin Northwest/The Domain Area
Lone Star Court(Austin)
  • Pool
  • Breakfast included
View Hotel
All reviewsking suitewaffle makerfree breakfastservice roadyogurtwould stay here againrestaurants and shoppingdomain areaeasy accessrooms are cleanfront desk staffthe breakfast areabusiness triphighwaynoisearboretumproperties
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Beware that the building is located less than 150ft from a railroad track that has speeding freight trains traveling on it all day and all night. When I checked in, I didn't realize that they put me on that side of the building. Unfortunately I realized it that night when I was awakened 5 times in the middle of the night by speeding freight trains carrying coal cars. I had very little sleep and was a wreck the next day in my business meetings. When I returned to the hotel the next afternoon, I asked to be moved to a room on the other side of the building. It took them 2-hours to prepare another room for me, and I had to repack everything I unpacked the day before, but the room directly across the hallway had no railroad noise (or not enough to wake me up).

The hotel is nice otherwise. It is perhaps a bit overpriced compared to comparable places, but I guess they are charging more because the are right next to The Domain and even have a shuttle van to take you to/from there.

It's location on the Mopac service road gives easy access to Mopac, but you have to make 1 or 2 weird U-turns to get on Mopac from the hotel, and you have to take an exit on Mopac that is almost a mile away from the hotel. I missed this exit once and had to go several miles to get back to it.

I was actually going to stay here again for a trip next month (and request the quiet side of the building), but their rates went up by $40/night from what I paid 1-month ago. So forget about paying that price for this place. What a disappointment!

Room Tip: not the railroad side of the building!
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank HENRI A
Reviewed February 25, 2013

I always pack a fan when I travel. Good thing I had one with me because there are train tracks directly behind the hotel. No whistles, but I heard every train that went by even with my fan on high. You probably shouldn't stay here if you are a light sleeper. The hotel itself is wonderful and our room was excellent.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed December 29, 2012

This is one of the nicest hotels I've ever stayed at in Austin, Tx. The staff were very nice, efficient, and sincere. The room was spacious and one of the cleanest I have seen. The breakfast was terrific with plenty of healthful choices. Internet was easy to get and quite speedy. All things considered this was a great hotel experience. We've already made another reservation for our upcoming trip back to Austin.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 13, 2012

The price was right, but I should have known there was a catch. Our window was 10 yards away from an active railroad line. Every 2 hours trains went by. And the air conditioner was loud. If you can sleep through the noise, it is a clean property with free full breakfast. Lots of other options in the area if you can't.

Room Tip: Away from the tracks.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
fairfieldinnaustinnw, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Austin Northwest/The Domain Area, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2012

Thank you for staying with us and giving your feedback. We strive to assure that every guest has the best possible stay. We provide a full hot breakfast, a managers night with live music/food/drinks, we have shuttle service that will take you anywhere in a five mile radius, we also provide a clean and friendly place to stay. Our location is close to everything that you need, other than the train. We are close to many companys, shopping areas and restaruants. If you would like to stay with us again, the front of the building is a little more quite.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

It is a nice new hotel, convenient to the highway, free parking, free breakfast - what you expect from a Fairfield Inn & Suites. The interior of the room is oddly not as spacious as it should be with a giant wall in the center separating the living and slipping areas.

The real problem is the noise. On one side is mopac, a busy highway, on the back side is the railroad. You choose your punishment. Of course if you are on the first floor you have the added noise of the parked cars,

Room Tip: I would chose the mopac side, as the windows are decently insulated.
Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank 2opinionated_guys
fairfieldinnaustinnw, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Austin Northwest/The Domain Area, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2012

Thank you for staying with us. We are in a busy area and have a lot going on around us. I apologize for any inconvenience. Please ask for the front of the building upon check in. It is quieter.