“Superb Staff!”

Ranked #41 of 203 Hotels in Austin
Reno
“Superb Staff!”
Reviewed September 24, 2013

Beautiful hotel very clean and the staff is top notch! Staff was professional, super friendly and very helpful. I was greeted every time I walked through the front door. Staff makes you feel right at home.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Joe B, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Austin Northwest / Arboretum, responded to this review, October 2, 2013
Cheryl,
Thank you so much for recognizing our great staff. I will be sure to share your comments with the my staff.
Joe

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Florence, United States
Reviewed September 24, 2013

Hotel is clean and well maintained. Staff is very friendly, helpful and are knowledgeable about the area. Food establishments are within walking distance and there is a variety. Gym, business center, breakfast bar available, mini fridge, microwave, Ext.

Amanda,
Thanks for the great review and am so glad that you received such great service. We have another great restaurant opening soon right next door. Papadeaux's is coming giving you another great choice.
Seattle, United States
Reviewed September 23, 2013

This location delivered the good clean experience I expect from this brand. Stayed here on business for 3 nights. This hotel has had recent lobby and hallway upgrades, making arrival and overall environmental experience a good one. Rooms are good and the cleaning staff did a nice job. I always smell the sheets, pillows and bed and they had all been laundered and were fresh. I always check the mattress and box spring looking for unwelcome insects and the room was free of pests and traces thereof. Breakfast was good (scrambled eggs a little watery) and the wait staff was pleasant and efficient. Lobby cookies (blueberry oatmeal something) were delicious. I'm cranky and picky, and I would stay there again. Safe travels.

1 Thank Bryan A
Bryan,
Thank you for the great review. So glad that we were able to keep your "cranky" side at bay. We look forward to having you with us again.
Thanks
Orange County, California
Reviewed September 22, 2013

This hotel is such a close "miss." Beautifully kept, great little snack/breakfast place, well stocked after-hours shop, incredibly friendly staff, clean, updated rooms, but... my room smelled SO bad when I ran the air conditioner I could almost not stand it. It smelled like burning rubber. In fairness, I complained and they came up and worked on the AC, then promised to replace it later while I was at a wedding. When I came back, it was slightly better, but not significantly. Then I found out that my son's room, all the way down at the other end of the hall, and another of our party on a different floor had the same weird smell, but not quite as bad. The kids weren't as phased by the smell as I was, but they did find it unpleasant. OH and my room was noisy too. I was in 234 and there was some strange "someone vaccuuming" sounding noise all the time next to it. That didn't bother me too much, I was pretty distracted by the smell. Huge shame cuz this is a really neat hotel, right next to a FANTASTIC barbeque place. Lots of plusses if your nose isn't too sensitive.

Room Tip: One that doesn't smell funky?
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank OCEquestrian
So sorry we missed getting that highest rating from you. I certainly remember my staff discussing the your specific room and I informed them to change out the entire AC unit which is sounds like they did. So sorry to hear that didn't take care of the issue. I hope you will find it better next time you are here. Thank you for the positive review on everything else and we hope you enjoyed your trip to Austin.
Plano, United States
Reviewed September 17, 2013

I received excellent service both in the evening and the mornings without it being intrusive. The room was comfortable. My chief concern was the "Bone Daddy's" restaurant in front of the hotel. I experienced no trouble with that restaurant but it did appear as potential trouble.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Joe B, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Austin Northwest / Arboretum, responded to this review, September 18, 2013
So glad that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel and that you received excellent service. Bone Daddy's is the restaurant next door to our hotel and are a very good partner with us which offers Texas style BBQ. They are a reputable restaurant chain with many locations throughout Texas. Also, you will see a new Pappadeaux's restaurant coming soon next door to our hotel as well.
Justin, Texas
Reviewed September 17, 2013

For the nightly rate, I was surprised that breakfast was not included. I've stayed at other hotels in the area with a lower rate and breakfast included. Especially since I was traveling with a company that regularly uses this hotel. It seems as though breakfast should be included as a token of appreciation for the steady business we bring to this hotel.

The A/C worked, but took a while to kick in if it was ever adjusted. Was very difficult to get it to a comfortable temperature because of this.

The refrigerator was a bit noisy when it would cool more and occasionally woke me up while I was trying to sleep.

The internet connection was free, which was nice (and expected nowadays) but it was very slow, both on the wireless and landline connections. Connection was often lost on the wireless access.

However, one nice thing about my stay was that I brought a takeout salad from Outback Steakhouse (near the hotel) back to my room. The restaurant had forgotten to provide me with a fork. I asked the front desk if they had anything and the person at the desk simply reached under the counter and handed me a plastic utensil set. Very nice and convenient when I was in a jam.

• Stayed September 2013
I'm so sorry to find that you didn't think you received a good value during your current stay. In checking your reservation it appears your company rate was about a 30% discount to what the going rate was for the area. The NW side of Austin is in very high demand during the week so any discounts received is based on your companies loyalty to our hotel. Hilton Garden Inn does not offer free breakfast but has an amazing all you can eat fresh buffet and cook to order options. If free breakfast is what you seek please join our Hilton Honors Program. As your loyalty increases benefits increase as well. Once you achieve Gold and Diamond status you have the option of either free breakfast or valuable points. We hope to see you on your next trip and make sure to inquire about Hilton Honors.
Anchorage, Alaska
Reviewed September 14, 2013

I feel the need to write this review because this hotel is outstandingl It is clean!!!
The staff were all very attentive and went out of their way to ensure all our needs were met. We particularly enjoyed the staff during breakfast hours. Their service was exceptional! Their breakfast is superb!
It was wonderful to have an administrative room. The decor was beautiful. We enjoyed visiting with our friends in their foyer, over cocktails. There is always fresh water, fruit, coffee, ect. available, as well.
We will definitely return for our next visit to Austin. We have already referred a number of our friends. It is a wonderful hotel!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Joe B, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Austin Northwest / Arboretum, responded to this review, September 17, 2013
Kelly,
Thank you so much for the great review. I am delighted that you had such a great time while staying at our hotel. I really feel our staff and the service and cleanliness they provide really are a step ahead of the rest. I am very proud of them and I am so happy to see that you recognized their dedication. See you next time you are in Austin.