Hilton Garden Inn Austin Northwest / Arboretum
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Room Service
  • Pool
All reviewsresearch blvdindoor poolthe staff was friendly and helpfulbusiness tripdefinitely stay here againclean roomsconvenient locationbreakfast buffetfront desk staffvery nice hoteleasy accessfitness centerbed was comfortablelobbyhgiarboretumkeurig
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 15, 2013

This is an excellent hotel in a convenient area right off Route 183 in North Austin. The rooms was clean, spacious and comfortable. There is a fitness room, a swimming pool and free Wi-Fi. I chose this hotel because I had a meeting in downtown Austin and the rates here were considerably cheaper than those of competing hotels on I-35 and other parts of Austin.

There are numerous restaurants nearby, with an excellent BBQ restaurant just outside the hotel (walking distance) near the main access road.

The one negative for this hotel is that there is no free breakfast. However, they offer a full hot breakfast for $9.95.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Joe B, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Austin Northwest / Arboretum, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2013

Rudy,
Glad to hear you had such a great stay. We are very convenient to a lot of great places to eat and shop and downtown is just a short hop away. Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed April 12, 2013

As a frequent traveler, I was pleasantly surprised with the Hilton Garden Inn as I'd never stayed here before. I was a bit worried because I got a very good deal on priceline so I thought I might be put in the least desirable room. However, it was the opposite! I was in a quiet room at the end of the hall, as I had requested. The general feel of the hotel is nice--seems to be remodeled with new carpet, muted light gray walls in the rooms and an upbeat vibe in the lobby.

Here's why I love this hotel!
*Speedy, friendly check in. My room had already been selected and the keys were ready.
*Great location/great price. I'm here for a conference down the street at a hotel that was almost 3 times the price I paid!
*Complimentary beverages: water in the room fridge, and in the lobby, coffee, hot tea and cold water with lemon. This is much appreciated.
*Comfy bed AND pillows!
*FREE internet. One of my pet peeves with more upscale hotels is that they almost never have free internet.

I'll be back!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Bridgett,
Thank you so much for the great review. So happy to see that the staff took such good care of you while you were here for your meeting. We look forward to having you again when business calls. We are also a good place to stay when your here on your own time. Austin has so much to do and see. Thanks again.
Joe

Reviewed April 9, 2013

We were charged for a continental breakfast which has always been complimentary at other Hilton Garden Inns. Then, when we woke up in the morning we found elm-leaf beetles in our beds and ants in the bathroom (on the third floor). Our overall experience does not begin to compare with other Hilton Garden Inns I've stayed at in the past, and will tend to make me stay away from Hilton Garden Inns in the future. We have other trips scheduled for Austin, but will not stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Joe B, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Austin Northwest / Arboretum, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2013

Thank you for brining this to our attention during your stay. We do allow our windows to open slightly for fresh air and it appears that this may be the issue with the beetle and ants. We have notified our pest control company and we are also checking to make sure that there are no tree branches touching the building to give pets and opportunity to get in our building. I am so sorry your stay was less than perfect and I hope you give us another opportunity to out perform this isolated incident.

Reviewed April 3, 2013

Began with abrupt check-in- not welcoming at all. Thru out time there, some desk staff friendly - others very preoccupied with their phones or each other .First night a dog barked and yelped and whined loudlyuntil past 2am. Could hear him all the wAy down the halls, thru the walls. The beds are absolutely horrible - hard, old , sag so that you roll towards the middle. Blood on the shower curtain. Sheets so thin you can see the old mattress liner thru them. Maid service was great - towels are coarse and rather unpleasant laundered odor

• Stayed: March 2013

I am so sorry to hear that you were bothered by the dog in the building. We are a pet free facility and this pet was brought in without our permission. I certainly do apologize for the inconvenience. In addition you mentioned that you were not happy with the bed. We have the Garden Sleep System beds and each bed can be individually adjusted to your personal liking for firmness or softness. I hope you can try us again and we can show you how to adjust your bed so you can get a great night's sleep.

Reviewed April 2, 2013

I have regularly stayed at the Hilton Gardn Inn, NW Arboretum 2-3 nights per week since December 2012 and I cant remember a trip in which my expectations werent met or exceeded. The hotel is great and the staff is top notch. Ricky Rodriguez consistently helps fulfill my booking needs and I highly reccomend him as a valuable employee to the Hilton company. Matt Coons

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Joe B, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Austin Northwest / Arboretum, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2013

Matt. Thanks for the great review. I have give Ricky another high five for his great service. We really appreciate your business and love seeing familiar faces week in and week out. We will see you next week.