“Fantastic Service” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #36 of 197 Hotels in Austin
dauphin island
“Fantastic Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2013

We recently stayed at this Hilton Garden Inn after my husband had broken his ankle. Mario was so helpful in making our reservation and arranging a room with an accessible shower. The next morning Ricky was wonderful. He arranged chairs and table for breakfast so my husband did not have to walk far. He got a tray for me to get his breakfast and offered help with everything. He volunteered to help with packing our car. His willingness to help was contagious with other customers also offering to help me making it such a warm place to stay. I don't think I have ever encountered people more courteous and helpful.

Room Tip: Just ask the front desk staff to help you.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Joe B, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Austin Northwest / Arboretum, responded to this review, January 30, 2013
Thank you so much for the great review. We appreciate you taking the time to give us this great feedback. I will pass on your great comments to Mario and Ricky. We all hope that your husband is feeling much better since his injury.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2013

My husband, daughter, and I had a wonderful stay in the Hilton Garden Inn. The staff was extremely friendly, knowledgable, and honest. Our iPhone 5 charger was left in the room and when we called about 30 hours after checking out they took our information and promptly called back to let us know they had it. They offered to mail it to us or hold it so we could come by and pick it up. I have very high recommendations for this fantastic staff.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for stay with us. I am so glad to hear that your family enjoyed your stay. I am also glad that we were able to get your Iphone charger back to you. We know how frustrating it can be to have a dead phone. Please come back and see us the next time you are in town.
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2013

My wife and I had another excellent stay at the HGI in North Austin. The property met the high standards of the HGI concept. The staff was friendly and helpful. I would like to express particular appreciation to Ricky, who was on the front desk Saturday morning, October 27. We had come to Austin specifically for an event that started at 10 AM. I had left the lights on in my car the night before, so when we went out Saturday morning, the car would not start. Ricky tried to reach the hotels’ maintenance man, but he was off property. Ricky got another staff member to cover the front desk, then drove his personal truck around to our car, and used his own jumper cables to get us started. After saving the day (and our entire weekend, really), he refused any sort of tip, and wished us a great day with his friendly smile. How nice travel would be, if all the folks we deal with were so pleasant and helpful!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for staying with us on your trip. I am so happy to hear that Ricky was able to help you in your time of need. We do our best to go above and beyond whenever possible. I will be sure to pass on your comments to Ricky and thank you for the great review.
Frankfort, Illinois, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2012

I came for the Formula 1 race. I woke up to the window of my Ford Raptor smashed and my race radios stolen. The staff at the hotel did not offer any assistance and were bothered by my request for help. I had to call a locla glass service to come repair the glass. The location of the hotel parking lot was poorly lit and right behind a busy restaraunt. I will never stay there again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Bill M
Joe B, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Austin Northwest / Arboretum, responded to this review, November 29, 2012
Bill,
I was certainly sorry to hear that you fell victim to the random act of a criminal while parked in the vicinity of our hotel and the surrounding restaurants. In our parking lot we have several signs posted encouraging our guest to remove any valuables from their vehicles so not to give criminals the opportunity for theft. In checking with my staff regarding this situation I do recall that we offered to call the police regarding this situation and that offered was refused. Additional assistance was offered by my front desk staff later that morning at which time you told them that the radios were trackable via GPS and that was the route you would take. Again I am sorry that your Formula 1 trip was tainted by the actions of this criminal and I do hope you come back to Austin to see Formula 1 races for years to come.
Houston, Texas, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

I stay in a lot of Hilton's and this Garden Inn was very nice. It had the usual layout for a garden inn, but what made it special was the friendly and helpful staff--both at the front desk and in the restaurant. I got a free full breakfast with my rate. There were cooked to order eggs and omlets and a variety of other choices--all and all very nice. My room was comfortable--adjustable bed and quiet.
The hotel was very convenient to the Domain. I was attending a conference at that location and the Hilton was easy access.

I would stay here again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for the favorable review. It is so nice when people take the time to recognize my staff. We really feel that our associates make us different than our competition and we take pride in the service that we provide. So glad to here that you will stay with us again when you are in Austin.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2012

Traveling through Austin this week on business and stayed at this HGI for one night. Hotel is up to date, well maintained and very nicely appointed. The rooms have new furniture and the bed was one of the most comfortable I've slept on in quite a while (and I sleep in a lot of hotels). The staff was very friendly and the breakfast was good. The hot dishes were freshly cooked and the fruit had just been cut. I would rate this HGI at the top of the pack up there with the HGI in downtown Salt Lake City. Would definitely stay here again and recommend it to others. Also, there is a great BBQ restaurant "Bone Daddy's" just across the parking lot.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Joe B, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Austin Northwest / Arboretum, responded to this review, October 24, 2012
I am so glad you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. We get a lot of great comments about our Garden Sleep System bed which allows you to control how soft or firm you like your bed. The king beds actually have two controls so each side can be different. I will pass on your compliments to our my staff. Thanks again.
columbus, ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2012

Unbelievable decor for what I thought was going to be an average hotel. We were there the weekend of one of the nation's largest music festivals.

Like others have said, the rooms were spacious, extremely clean and had everything we needed. The sleep number beds were quite impressive; although it felt like they were set perfect for us right from the start! Wi-fi was complimentary, which is another plus these days. Parking is also free, again another plus.

Several other nice touches: free coffee in the rooms and in the lobby, complimentary waters and great cookies.

The hotel is about 15 minutes from downtown - at the most. We asked about a cab and received a recommendation for a driver who will take you downtown for $25 (which is about half the price of a cab). We used his services and it was just fine!

All in all, it was a great experience and we would highly recommend the hotel to others; both business and families.

Room Tip: If all of the rooms were as nice as ours, you should have no problem. We were on the fifth floor aw...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for the great review. We try very hard to maintain our beautiful hotel and it shows. We completed a renovation in 2011 but it looks like we just finished. We are so glad that you had such a pleasant stay and look forward to having you again when you are back in Austin.