New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #37 of 197 Hotels in Austin
Houston, Texas, United States
“Nice place to stay--”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I stay in a lot of Hilton's and this Garden Inn was very nice. It had the usual layout for a garden inn, but what made it special was the friendly and helpful staff--both at the front desk and in the restaurant. I got a free full breakfast with my rate. There were cooked to order eggs and omlets and a variety of other choices--all and all very nice. My room was comfortable--adjustable bed and quiet.
The hotel was very convenient to the Domain. I was attending a conference at that location and the Hilton was easy access.

I would stay here again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
Joe B, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Austin Northwest / Arboretum, responded to this review, November 29, 2012
Thank you so much for the favorable review. It is so nice when people take the time to recognize my staff. We really feel that our associates make us different than our competition and we take pride in the service that we provide. So glad to here that you will stay with us again when you are in Austin.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

Traveling through Austin this week on business and stayed at this HGI for one night. Hotel is up to date, well maintained and very nicely appointed. The rooms have new furniture and the bed was one of the most comfortable I've slept on in quite a while (and I sleep in a lot of hotels). The staff was very friendly and the breakfast was good. The hot dishes were freshly cooked and the fruit had just been cut. I would rate this HGI at the top of the pack up there with the HGI in downtown Salt Lake City. Would definitely stay here again and recommend it to others. Also, there is a great BBQ restaurant "Bone Daddy's" just across the parking lot.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
Joe B, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Austin Northwest / Arboretum, responded to this review, October 24, 2012
I am so glad you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. We get a lot of great comments about our Garden Sleep System bed which allows you to control how soft or firm you like your bed. The king beds actually have two controls so each side can be different. I will pass on your compliments to our my staff. Thanks again.
columbus, ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

Unbelievable decor for what I thought was going to be an average hotel. We were there the weekend of one of the nation's largest music festivals.

Like others have said, the rooms were spacious, extremely clean and had everything we needed. The sleep number beds were quite impressive; although it felt like they were set perfect for us right from the start! Wi-fi was complimentary, which is another plus these days. Parking is also free, again another plus.

Several other nice touches: free coffee in the rooms and in the lobby, complimentary waters and great cookies.

The hotel is about 15 minutes from downtown - at the most. We asked about a cab and received a recommendation for a driver who will take you downtown for $25 (which is about half the price of a cab). We used his services and it was just fine!

All in all, it was a great experience and we would highly recommend the hotel to others; both business and families.

Room Tip: If all of the rooms were as nice as ours, you should have no problem. We were on the fifth floor aw...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you for the great review. We try very hard to maintain our beautiful hotel and it shows. We completed a renovation in 2011 but it looks like we just finished. We are so glad that you had such a pleasant stay and look forward to having you again when you are back in Austin.
Fort Worth, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

For a 3-star hotel, this was very nice. We stayed just one night. Upon arriving, we found the grounds outside to be very pleasant and once inside we were immediately greeted with very friendly and accommodating service. The lobby and sitting areas for breakfast were spacious and very nice. The room was modern-looking and spacious, had nice furnishings and a comfortable, adjustable bed (though we didn't learn how to adjust it until the next morning!). Our room was on the 5th (top) floor and we did not hear hardly any noise while trying to sleep the next morning.

The only thing I didn't like about the room was the small bathroom. It was difficult for two people to use at the same time as the toilet was right up against the tub and the vanity. But it did have a generous vanity area and the shower head worked great.

The hot breakfast the next morning (which you pay $10 for unless it was included in your room rate) was very, very good. My husband had to wait quite awhile to get his omelet, but my eggs & potatoes came out real quick and we both enjoyed our meals. Much better than the "free" hot breakfasts we've received at other hotels.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you for the great review. Sounds like you had a great time and enjoyed your stay. Everyone really does love the lobby area. It is so spacious, clean, and really rich looking. It's a great place to hang out. I appreciate your comments regarding the breakfast. It is $9.95 but way better than you would get at any chain breakfast place. It's fresh, cooked to order just the way you want it. Hope to see you again soon.
Bryan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012 via mobile

We stay at this hotel almost every time we come to Austin. Great hotel at a good price! Great location to get to just about anywhere you need to go in Austin quickly! Staff is always nice and friendly and they have sleep number beds!!

• Stayed October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars
Another guest who love our beds and loves our location. We get such great comments about the beds. They are comfortable, crisp white, and super clean. You can just see it when you walk into the room. And I have to agree that the Arboretum area is such a convenient area of Austin to easily get to anywhere you want to go. We also have great dining and great shopping in our backyard. Thanks again for staying with us and the great review.
Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

We really enjoyed our stay at the Hilton Garden Inn. We were in town on business and it turned out to be a pleasure trip as well. The staff was awesome, the room comfortable. Highly suggest you try it when in Austin!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars
Thank you so much for describing our staff as "awesome". They really are. We really enjoy serving our guests. I will pass on your review to my staff. Thanks again.
Texas
common_n_hotel_reviews_1bd8 1,644 helpful votes
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

Because of several events I was scheduled to attend in Northwest Austin, coupled with the fact that I needed to use some points or lose them from British Airways, I selected the Hilton Garden Inn; this was the first time I stayed at this Hilton property. It was a wonderful hotel. All personnel with whom I came into contact were friendly, professional, and focused on pleasing me. The room was large, clean, with two free bottles of water, free wifi, and coffee maker. I was close to the elevator, but I never heard any external noise. In addition, 24 hours a day fresh coffee, hot water, and hot chocolate are available in the lobby. Breakfast did not come with the room rate, but I had it any way. It was very good. I was very pleased with my experience at this Hilton property. I would return to this hotel.

Room Tip: I was quite pleased with Room 217.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank CJTravelerTexas
Joe B, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Austin Northwest / Arboretum, responded to this review, October 1, 2012
Thank you so much for the wonderful comments. I'm glad you were able to take advantage of our partnership with British Airways and have a freeby on us. I know you travel alot to be able to have that many points so I'm proud that my team took such good care of you on a trip well deserved. Hope to see you again next time you are in Austin.
Thanks,