“Good chain hotel”

Hilton Garden Inn Austin Northwest / Arboretum
Ranked #40 of 201 Hotels in Austin
Reviewed September 25, 2012

Exactly what I would expect from a Hilton Garden Inn.
The rooms were large, the bathrooms as well. There was a flat panel TV, desk, fridge and chair with ottoman. Everything was newish and stylish. The bed was adjustable, NOT a Sleep Number bed (which I own) but a knock off, I never got quite comfortable, it was always too soft or too firm and because it didn't have a pump if it got too soft you had to wait 5 minutes for it to self inflate.
The AC is a wall unit, which made nights very loud. Mine developed issues making noise and a leak but they fixed it promptly. Still loud though.
The breakfast is a step up from typical hotel buffets but was not included in our cost, and a bit steep at $10 each.
The bar is open each night for drinks.
The staff was always super friendly.
I would stay here again with no hesitation, but I wouldn't go out of my way for it.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Joe B, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Austin Northwest / Arboretum, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2012

I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us. New and Stylish is a great description since we just completed our renovation. We have had nothing but great comments on our new decor. Next time you are here make sure the Breakfast Chef makes you just what you want...for $9.95 we will cook it just the way you like it. Thanks for the review.

Reviewed August 8, 2012

I stayed here with two of my sons the first week of August in 2012. The hotel is located just off of 183 on Braker Ln behind a restaurant, "Bone Daddy's". The property is attractive and well-kept, and the rooms were clean and comfortable. A request for a rollaway bed was fulfilled with no problems. Staff was friendly...there was a nice touch of a personal note with a mint on the pillow when our room was cleaned.

The pool and hot tub were both operational - I can't tell you how many times I've checked in and found out that they weren't. Overall, we had a great stay, and we'd definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Room 133 (and presumably 233) are right by the door, but far enough away that there is no road noise...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank FeynmanFan

I am so glag you and your son's enjoyed your stay at our hotel and were able to take advantage or our indoor pool and hot tub. We recently resurfaced the pool and hot tub and they both look fantastic. We do a great deal of corporate business but is certainly a pleasure to have families come and stay with us as well. We are so convenient to everything Austin has to offer. Hope to see you again on your next trip.
Thanks,

Reviewed July 26, 2012

My daughter and I took a trip to Austin and stayed at this hotel. When we arrived at the hotel, I was a little hesitant because the hotel is located in back of Bone Daddy's restaurant and a couple of vacant building that used to be a restaurants? Anyway, we went to the hotel anyway, because I was tired and didn't really know the area. When we walked in, to my surprise, the lobby was clean and we were greeted and checked-in by a friendly person. The room was clean however, the furniture was a little dated but perhaps, the hotel is in the midst of remodeling.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Nishelle

I am so glad that you and your daughter enjoyed your stay at our hotel. I appreciate the favorable comments about the staff. I will pass on your good comments. Keep an eye out during a future stay, there will be a new Papadeaux's restaurant coming soon.
Thanks,

Reviewed July 26, 2012

The overall quality of the hotel was excellent with a couple of exceptions. My room... Overall nice however the bathroom needed attention. I opened the shower only to find that the tile/grout was mildewed and black in areas. I almost requested a new room, I further inspected and found that the black marks were pieces of tile that were missing, caulking that needed to be redone or in the case of the wall, actually mildew. The towels were old and not Fluffy like the towels at the Embassy Suites (Another Hilton Hotel that I recently stayed at) and the sheets smelled heavily of Clorox (too much is not a good thing, makes it hard to sleep). The bed was nice (I loved the air mattress) and comfortable and the staff was EXCELLENT. The Chef prepared my breakfast very well in the mornings and was very friendly. Loved the fresh baked Otis Spunkmeyer cookies in the afternoon. Appearance of the grounds and main areas was beautiful as well. Thanks for listening, please fix the bathroom grout, caulking in room 519.

Reneal

Room Tip: For the HH members you always are in a good location (Top floors) however Room 519 is directly acros...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
4  Thank rhall26

Thank you for the great coomments regarding your breakfast. I have passed on your comments to our Breakfast Chef. You will also be happy to know that we took care of the caulking issue in room 519. Thank you for pointing it out. See you on your next trip.

Reviewed July 24, 2012

I've stayed at this property for five years now and am always satisfied. What I like the most is it's convenience to 183, while offering a bit of a neighborhood feel. I always get a room on the back side of the property. It overlooks a quiet neighborhood and is relaxing. Quiet, clean, and friendly staff.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Craig L

We sure do appreciate your loyalty over the past 5 years and look forward to taking care of you for the next 5. Thank you for the positive review.

Reviewed July 20, 2012

My two sons and I traveled to Austin on a family visit. Our accommodation wish list was for a hotel that was clean, comfortable (for 7 days stay), plenty of parking, complimentary breakfast, a pool, and was reasonably priced for the location. We booked the Hilton Garden Inn. With the exception of a complimentary breakfast, it offered everything else. The lobby was open and designed with clean, contemporary furniture. There were lots of tables and chairs to meet/eat or just hang out. The staff was extremely friendly, always greeting us when we walked by, and always available to answer questions. We had a problem with the room phone and the hotel staff was "on it" right away. We ended up having to switch rooms, with sincere apologies and a token gift from the staff. Our room (two double beds) was clean and the beds were comfortable. I appreciated that the bedspreads (all white) were clean for every new guest. You can even ask for them to be cleaned after three days use, which we didn't. The beds were comfortable with four very comfy pillows per bed. I'm one of those "picky" moms who checks under the mattress for dirt or signs of bugs. Thankfully, it was clean. There is a very small frig, a microwave, coffee maker, hairdryer, etc., for our use. The A/C worked on a thermostat and was very effective, but a bit loud. We got used to that. The indoor pool was a little small, but the boys managed to have fun anyway. The jacuzzi was very nice, set next to a tree lined window. Overall, the Hilton Garden Inn met our expectations, especially in the cleanliness and friendliness department. I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for the same.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank SanDiegoSue13
Joe B, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Austin Northwest / Arboretum, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2012

Thank you for the favorable review. I have shared with my staff and we look foward to serving you again the next time you are in town. Thanks again!!!

Reviewed July 17, 2012

We normally stay at a Hampton Inn in Austin, but the rates here were excellent and we decided to try it. We were not disappointed. We were here at the end of a Hill Country trip and needed to do laundry. This hotel has the cleanest guest laundry I've ever seen! A chair in there would be nice. Our room was great and the bed was fine, but not better than the Hampton. The folks that work here were unfailingly professional and friendly. Parking was convenient. We had breakfast here one morning (extra charge) and it was excellent. The location is great for shopping. We had easy access to many of our favorite stores. We would certainly stay here again.

Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Striggs

I am so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We really appreciate the business and look forward to having you stay with us again next time you are in Austin. There is now a seat in the guest laundry room. Thank you for the suggestion.