“Great lunch spot” 4 of 5 bubbles

Panera Bread
Ranked #840 of 3,668 Restaurants in Austin
Cuisines: American, Cafe, Soups
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
“Great lunch spot”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 13, 2012

I did not know this restaurant was in the Gateway Shopping Center but had lunch with a friend there today. Great soups, salads and sandwiches. The baked goods looked delicious. We had sandwich/soup combo. Tasty, fast, friendly. The bread is very good.

• Visited December 2012

“Fresh, fast, freindly”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2012

The location on Lakeline Mall Dr is the easiest from my home. Wonderful fresh baked items, salads, and soups make this a great stop for any time of day. I found that the employees are well trained and enjoy helping you. If I get a bakery product in the AM, I grab a salad for my lunch at work too. Or after Yoga, I pop in for a nice hot soufflé by mid-morning. Get them while they are hot, because the do not last long! Another nice perk is that I use my Panera Card and get extra points and benefits - it is always a neat surprise. They remember you on your birthday too ! Family, friends, or solo, I believe your quality of a quick healthy meal will be yours to enjoy!

• Visited August 2012
Austin
“Good food but very little portions”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2012

I was impressed with the La Panera Bread food the first time that I went to this location last April. But after that time, I have gone there like 6 times but my opinion keep going down. The portion sizes are very small for the price and when you get the Bread Bowl soup not always is full. The quality of the food is good but my spouse was very disappointed when he saw that the M&C are pre-maded and they just warm it in a plastic bag. How difficult is to make M&C that you need to cook it in advance! Last time they ran out of the bread for our pick 2 and they offered us another bread time. I OK the choice because the bread was large for the half. Instead, they gave us a quarter. We were left hungry and my spouse said that La Panera is only good for coffee and pastries. I was sad of my spouse comment because the place has good atmosphere to go with the family but for the price that you paid you do not feel that your money is well spent. We always spent like $35 for a family of 2 adults and 2 kids. Also, last time that we went at 7:00 PM, they closed the coffee area one hour before their closing time (9:00 PM). We ran out of coffee. If they keep performing like this, this location will go down soon. I tried the one at Great Hill, Austin and it was a worst.

• Visited July 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Austin, Texas
“Standard, Good Panera Bread”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 8, 2012

Friendly folks, quick service, quite good food - particularly for breakfast. Standard good Panera Bread. A few nits to pick - the lunch/dinner sandwiches are sometimes on the skimpy side compared to some other Panera locations. Occasionally they run out of coffee without having more ready to go. Occasional order screwups. Minor stuff, but enough to keep it from being 5 stars. Definitely meets 4. On the plus side - probably the earliest good coffee in the area for those early risers.

• Visited February 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Been to Panera Bread? Share your experiences!