“Went to see Wicked”

16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Went to see Wicked”
Reviewed April 26, 2014

My husband surprised me with tickets to see Wicked, this concert hall is beautiful! It was in walking distance form the Manor garage were we parked (recommend buying a parking pass before hand its cheaper.) The acoustics are amazing and the show gave me chills! The staff were helpful and always ready to answer any questions we had. We will defiantly be going back for another show.

Visited March 2014
1 Thank Krystalyn F

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
27 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Front row seats are great!”
Reviewed March 1, 2014

Came down to see Wicked and the show obviously couldn't disappoint! The theater itself was fine, though it was so busy and crowded. They had valet right outside but we'd ordered parking online, which was our biggest problem. Half of us got out at the theater itself, while the rest of the party parked, then we didn't see them again for almost half an hour. They were going to Manor Garage, and while it was only a few blocks away, the line into the garage was chaotic and half the entrances didn't work. Back inside, it was still super crowded and we didn't even get souvenirs or food because it was really busy. Bathrooms were crowded for girls, but it went really quickly, I thought. Our seats were like the 3rd row from the orchestra and absolutely amazing, although the rest of the balconies seemed really really high up. We were basically level with the stage. Overall a really good show! Oh, but if you do valet, the line afterwards looked like it might take another hour or so.

1 Thank SarahElizabeth1996
Texas
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Not the best for plays”
Reviewed February 28, 2014

We came from out of town to see Wicked, and the Hall was easy to find. We prepaid parking online, and the parking garage was just about a block walk. There were lines for the bathrooms; I would like to see more women's bathrooms to accommodate the need. Refreshments were pricey, I guess expected in this venue. Seats comfortable enough, but too close together (no leg room) and not enough rise between rows. Both the heads of people in the row right in front of us and two rows in front of us blocked our view of the play. I had to constantly bend and lean to try to see. Since Wicked is a very visual experience, this was quite a disappointment. Luckily the venue was not full, so we could move at intermission. I only had a clear view when finding a seat that had no one in the two rows in front of us. The place was clean, good sound, and plenty of employees to answer questions and direct us. The view might not matter as much for a concert, but for a play I will be seeking a different venue. BTW I am 5'8"...pretty average height.

Texas
73 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 115 helpful votes
“Wicked!”
Reviewed February 24, 2014

I've been wanting to see Wicked for a long time, so I was thrilled the Mr. gifted us with tickets for a belated Valentine's Day treat.
Even though we were seated in the 'cat bird's seat' we had a clear view of the stage and enjoyed the performance very much! The only thing lacking for me was the inability to see the performer's facial expressions, but that was our fault for purchasing the tickets we did not the fault of the theater or the actors (who were superb!)
I'm not sure why we haven't seen anything at Bass Hall before, but I will be on the look out for future opportunities. It was a great experience and we enjoyed our evening immensely. HIGHLY recommended!

Austin, Texas
154 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 271 helpful votes
“OK place to see shows”
Reviewed February 4, 2014

Seen at least a hundred shows here. I don't like it as much as the Long Center. If you get too high up you are really high up. Sound is usually good. I like being on the floor but sometimes the cost is an issue. They have some of the best ushers in town. Some shows only will play here so I am sure will be back again. Tend to park off campus and walk to Bass. Easy to get out once the show is over.

Visited January 2014