Extended Stay America - Austin - Southwest
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
Omni Barton Creek Resort & Spa(Austin)
  • Pool
Hotel Granduca Austin(Austin)
  • Pool
All reviewsroom was cleankitchen setgrab and godish soapcoffee makeran extended stayhill countryoatmealwalmartpansstove
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 9, 2014

I was walked here from the extended stay in downtown. Normally when a hotel walks you they pick up the tab, but at least they matched my original rate. Terrible location, took forever to find. A little signage on the road would help immensely. I check in and the desk staff is nice enough. I left a credit card for immenities but paid cash up frontfor the stay. Later that night My plans changed and I had to check out the next day. I go down to the desk and check out and it's at this time they inform me that they cannot refund me in cash. ...I would have to wait for a check from their Corp office.! I have worked on the hotel industry for the last 15 years and Jane never heard of a hotel doing this. I will never use this chain again nor will I recommend them to any clients.

• Stayed: June 2014
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Austin - Southwest, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2014

I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. I apologize that you did not enjoyed your stay with us. The staff and I appreciate your feedback, as it will only help us improve. If you have any additional feedback, we would like to hear it. Please contact me directly at asw@extendedstay.com, so we can speak directly. I do hope that you will give us another chance and return to our hotel or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.

Reviewed May 8, 2014

Ugh! I'm so glad my extended stay here is finally over! I did not chose to stay here - booked here on a lengthy business trip. Thank goodness my home is nothing like this place. My skin was itchy the whole time due to the cheap detergent, and the towels hurt my skin they were so scratchy. They don't provide housekeeping or cleaning supplies, and it was near in possible to get more packets of dish soap. The breakfast is crappy coffee, and sometimes old fruit and granola bars. Every night I could hear people outside my window. The air conditioner and refrigerator were so loud, I had to wear headphones every night. The vent in the bathroom had about an inch of dust on it, and the room smelled like mold. Also, my co-worker had a CRICKET in her room, and the lock on her door turned out to be broken.

Room Tip: Avoid if you can, but ask for a room far from the entrance.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Austin - Southwest, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I sincerely apologize for your experience including the maintenance issues and the level of cleanliness in your room. In response to your feedback, I will meet with the staff to review our cleaning procedures and maintenance policies to ensure your experience is not repeated. Please know, our housekeeping service is provided once a week for guests staying 8 or more nights. For those who are staying for shorter periods of time, services can be purchased for a minimal fee.

If you would like to provide any additional comments, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at, asw@extendedstay.com. Again, thanks for your feedback. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better stay in the future.

Reviewed March 27, 2014

Normally stay in downtown Austin. Due to SXSW, this was the closest I could find.This hotel is poorly designed, poorly located, poorly managed. Location didn't pull up on GPS. Called hotel and clerk couldn't give me directions from the airport or even cross streets. Floors have smoking and non-smoking on opposite ends: too bad the smoke doesn't know which end it's supposed to "stay" on. Elevators are slow, dirty and noisy. Pet policy is a pain. Dog barking in room across the hall all night. Took management more than 2.5 hours to come and talk to owner. Cockroaches (1 in kitchenette each morning) were quiet and well-behaved.

Room Tip: Pick another hotel!
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank LeeWay7568
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Austin - Southwest, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2014

Thank you for providing us with details about your stay. I apologize that you had difficulties finding our location. I will be training our staff to ensure they are able to provide assistance in locating our hotel in the future. As well, I am sorry to hear that you experienced issues with smoke in your room, neighboring dogs and our elevator. I will be meeting with our staff to ensure these problems don't continue in the future. The staff and I appreciate your comments, as it will only help us to improve. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly, at asw@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations across the U.S. and Canada in the future.

Reviewed March 5, 2014

this place is a dump, no hot water, paper thin walls, guy next to me up till 3am yelling at wife. no shampoo, grab and go breakfast was awful, hard to find road to this place as there were no signs where to turn had to go around block twice, heard to same thing from other guests, one guy had to go around 3 times. Not a nice place to stay.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank William B
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Austin - Southwest, responded to this reviewResponded March 10, 2014

William – Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our hotel. I am sorry to hear that you experienced issues with your hot water and noise from neighboring guests. As well, I apologize that our grab-and-go breakfast did not meet your expectations. Finally, I am sorry that you had difficulties finding our location. Your feedback will be helpful as we continue to improve our guest experience. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly, at asw@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience the next time you’re in town.

Reviewed March 1, 2014

Convenient to freeway access. Get a room on the side away from the road. Room was clean and bed was comfortable. The disengaged staff didn't care that: it took 30 minutes to check-in at 3:00 in the afternoon; the phone didn't work; there was ridiculous noise from other guests. I stayed there two nights. I would not stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank TeresaD1
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Austin - Southwest, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2014

Teresa – I received a copy of your review and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. I am glad that you enjoyed our location and your clean, comfortable room. Still, I am disappointed to hear that your check-in took so long. Please accept my apology. I am sorry that you had issues with your phone and loud neighboring guests. As well, I apologize that our staff did not attend to your needs in a professional manner. Your feedback will be useful as we continue to improve our guest experience. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at asw@extendedstay.com. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you’re in town.