“Hard to find!”

Ranked #165 of 203 Hotels in Austin
Fayetteville, Arkansas
“Hard to find!”
Reviewed September 22, 2012

The hotel is great once you get there. Even with a gps, google map app, and a yahoo map print out, we drove past it three times before we found the entrance. We could see the sign, but couldn't find the road. While we were waiting at the front desk, several people made the same complaint, and the desk clerk took two phone calls of people trying to locate the hotel. However, the rooms are very new, clean and comfortable. Now that we know how to get there, we would probably stay there again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Austin - Southwest, responded to this review, September 26, 2012
I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your recent experience at Extended Stay America Austin - Southwest. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. Once again, I and the entire staff at our hotel thank you for your very kind words, and we'd love to see you here again. Please don't hesitate to call on me for your future stays here or at any other Extended Stay Hotels (sm) location.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Reviewed September 16, 2012

This hotel has just finished a very nice remodeling of the rooms and exterior....it looks great. Front desk staff at this location is always awesome...i stay here a good bit and they are truly exceptional. Great place to stay.

• Stayed September 2012
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Austin - Southwest, responded to this review, September 21, 2012
Thank you for saying such kind things about our hotel. It pleases us to hear that you found our staff to be friendly and that you enjoyed the improvements we are making. We are updating our property with guests like you in mind.

Gold Canyon, AZ
Reviewed September 8, 2012

3 week + stay. Hard to find. Comfortable, quiet (@ least @ night when remodeling wasn't going on. Old-fashioned, but undergoing modernization. Front desk & handyman friendly, BUT--despite repeated complaints--apparently did nothing about repeated cockroaches, probably coming from sink & bathtub drains (also reported). Everything fine, but roaches will probably keep me from coming back. Too bad.

Room Tip: Choose a room without COCKROACHES!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Austin - Southwest, responded to this review, September 11, 2012
Blair - Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at our hotel. Given our company's commitment to superior guest satisfaction, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. Please understand how truly sorry I am.

The staff and I strive to provide friendly service, clean rooms and comfortable surroundings; it is incredibly rewarding to know that we were able to provide this for you. I will be sure to share your comments with the Front Desk team, and let them know that they were a part of what your stay with us so great.

I do want to apologize for the state of your room. We do work hard to ensure all rooms are clean, with housekeeping doing upkeep every 7-days during a guests stay, and in between upon guest request for a minimal fee, and after a guest checks out. As well, they walk the property daily, removing and cleaning items as needed. With this in mind, it is disheartening to hear that we did not meet your expectations.

In order to meet our standards going forward, I will work with my staff to ensure that you and our future guests do not experience this type of incident.

Ames
Reviewed August 20, 2012

While a real tough place to find (not on Google Earth or Navteq)......staff are very kind and make your stay easy if you are long on travel and short on patience.

Had a tough time during my month stay as they had painting carpeting flooring and all remodel work going on through the month I stayed there.

It is a rather Isolated location with no walking or pool and is essentially on an urban island below one of the largest mix master's in the lower 48.

That being said .....if you need a fairly nice place to stay with a really new room and express kitchen set up......then this is a good buy.

Room Tip: All rooms are remodeled.......some have flat screen tv's and some don't .....so ask
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Austin - Southwest, responded to this review, August 22, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at our hotel. We are committed to providing every guest with outstanding accommodations and friendly service, so I was pleased to read your remarks about your room and our staff. Of course, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. For that I am truly sorry.

Please know that we strive to provide our guests with a relaxing home away from home experience. We do have systems in place to ensure that outside noise doesn't interfere with a guest's stay. Additionally, our hotels are constructed in such a way as to mitigate the noise from outside disturbances. In the event that you are disturbed by an outside event while in your room, a call to the front desk usually ensures a rapid resolution. In your case, we recognize that we failed to operate according to our standard practices, which caused the disturbance to last longer that it should have.

Please don't hesitate to reach out to me at this hotel or to our guest relations team directly by visiting our website and clicking the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page. I do hope that you will join us again, when the improvements are complete, to see our redoubled efforts.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Austin
La Quinta Inn & Suites Austin Southwest at Mopac
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Austin - Sunset Valley
Residence Inn Austin Southwest
Extended Stay America - Austin - Arboretum - North
Extended Stay America - Austin - Round Rock - South
Extended Stay America - Austin - Northwest - Lakeline Mall

Been to Extended Stay America - Austin - Southwest? Share your experiences!