“Great Vietnamese / French food..”

Elizabeth Street Cafe
Ranked #84 of 3,801 Restaurants in Austin
Cuisines: Vietnamese, Cafe
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed April 28, 2013 via mobile

Food is great here with a simple menu and good selection of wines, beers and cocktails.. No booking required not taken, both equally a good and bad thing.. But I will be back...

Reviewed April 20, 2013

I went here with 5 vietnamese friends, they were the only asians in the joint. This isn't the authentic hole in the wall establishment that we usually visit but it was still very good. We all had different food, Pork Belly steam rolls, Bun, Banh Mi, Singapore Noodles and a couple of their specialty drinks and everyone was pleased with their food. We also had a dessert that was banana ice cream between cookies with caramel and poppyseed brittle, it was delicious. Another bonus was the Gourdough trailer just outside. :) Cons are the parking situation, i.e., there isn't any parking if it's busy. Another con is that the cost is twice as much as an authentic vietnamese place and the food is only comparable, not better.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

I'm such a fan of this place! I go here when I want to experience great food, service and ambiance...My breakfast choice is the egg white, mushroom, chiles banh mi. The bread is super fresh and crusty. I usually split the almond croissant with someone. It's delish! I order a glass of their sparkling rose whether it's breakfast, happy hour or dinner...The spring rolls are super fresh. I order the grilled octopus salad (went back for seconds) and the shrimp and yam fritters....Also, you can't go wrong with the singapore noodles...YUM!

Reviewed March 23, 2013

This is a nice, modern cafe with good fresh, tasting food. My wife tried a salad and I tried one of their sandwiches. I am not a big fan of Vietnamese food, but my wife was thrilled with her entree. The cafe also has a small french bakery. We tried the canoli, macaroon, eclair and a couple of other things. The bakery part I totally loved. I would go their for the bakery for sure.

Reviewed March 22, 2013

This is a bistro/cafe style restaurant, so don't expect a quiet place with privacy! It's popular locally (always a good sign) and that's because the food is delicious and the prices are reasonable. But you might have to wait for a table. The menu is creative and everything about the place is hip and cool. The service is attentive but with that ever so slight edge that matches the theme exactly. They are not effusive, but if you engage them you'll have a great time. We loved it all three times. They do tea and coffee really well, their banh-mi are tasty. For breakfast this time, I tried the sticky rice with ginger sausage and poached eggs. It was a spicy, refreshing change from your typical "choice of two eggs meat, potatoes, toast." Beware this is a Vietnamese place - spicy means spicy. If you use Sriracha "Rooster" Sauce on your food, you'll be fine with everything. Whether you order them for the table or not, get some croissants to go - they're excellent.