“Security guard gave me peace of mind”

Motel 6 Austin South - Airport
Ranked #173 of 203 Hotels in Austin
League City, Texas, United States
“Security guard gave me peace of mind”
Reviewed June 1, 2014

We stayed 1 night on a Saturday night. This is my second time to stay in a Motel 6 that is the modern look, and I am very happy with this concept. The room is simple but clean. Sheets and towels smelled freshly washed.

The premises are your standard motel settings and dated but clean enough.

We returned to the room around 1 a.m. and there was a security guard walking around. He smiled at us and asked if we had nice night. It was very reassuring knowing he was keeping an eye on the place.

Down side was walls thin but to be expected. Front desk was fine but not necessarily friendly.

Room Tip: It is by a freeway so I got there right at check in time and requested a room in the back on the sec...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
College Station, Texas
Reviewed May 10, 2014 via mobile

Musty room - smelled of lingering smoke despite being 'non-smoking', lazy housekeepers (who stole my laptop cord), sketchy people hanging around the premises at all hours of the night.. However, most of the staff were friendly EXCEPT the 'front desk manager' (supposedly called 'Necy'); She is extremely rude, horrible customer service, and should NOT be working in the hospitality industry. Thank god that (in my experience being there nearly 2 weeks for business) her horrible attitude hadn't 'rubbed off' on the rest of the front desk staff - as they were relatively all nice and accommodating.

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business

Travelers are raving about these Austin hotels

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 8, 2014

Landed at the airport with no car and no hotel.
Other hotels were charging more than I wanted to pay.
I called Motel 6 and I liked the price but I was expecting the worst in all honesty. I thought it'd be something for just the night until I could get on the net and sort something else out. But as it happens, it was quite ok. Not 5 star, but not bad at all. And the Lord told me to ask for a discount - which luckily I did- and I got it! So now there's two reasons.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Nick B
Houston, Texas
Reviewed November 4, 2013

DO NOT STAY HERE. My room had bed bugs. I didn't discover this until the last day of my trip when I woke up with several bites on me and then actually FOUND a bed bug on my friend's sweater. I know it was bed bugs because my apartment complex in California had them so I know exactly what they look like. The hotel denied knowing they had them, but they were replacing the mattresses in the rooms surrounding ours the day we got there. That should have been our first clue. When I called the hotel to ask if they knew they had bugs and why they'd rent us a room if they did, they said they didn't know, and that they would only know that by me calling to tell them. They didn't offer me any sort of compensation even after I told them that I ended up in an urgent care center the day after I left because I'm allergic to bed bug bites and had a really bad allergic reaction to them. So unless you want to pay for a crappy room with even worse housekeeping and bed bugs, find somewhere else to stay!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Kory H
Motel6, Public Relations Manager at Motel 6 Austin South - Airport, responded to this review, November 13, 2013
Dear Kory H - We apologize for the cleanliness issues you experienced during your stay and for the inconvenience they caused you. Please contact our guest relations department so we will have a record of your experience to better address these issues and improve your experience with us in the future: 1-800-577-3435.
London
Reviewed March 21, 2013

*Perhaps "love" is a bit strong.

But c'com; it's a Motel 6. Complaining about a Motel 6 is like complaining about paying 20€ for a drink in Cannes; you know the story before you walk through the door.

Their website advertises its location and that it charges for internet access so if you've got a problem with the location and the fact that the internet was $2.99 a day, you've only yourself to blame. Look: http://www.motel6.com/reservations/motel_detail.aspx?num=113

I had room 132. The wifi didn't reach that far so reception gave me free vouchers each day and I sat by the pool and worked from there. The shower was fine, water pressure wasn't great but it did the job. The bed was clean, the mattress and pillows particularly comfortable. It was a pain getting a taxi but I was there for the SxSW music festival, so no surprises. There's a Denny's 7 minutes walk away across the I-35 so that's breakfast taken care of. And the staff were cool to me. I had a ton of questions and they never made me feel like I was annoying them.

Room Tip: As far away from the I-35 as you can get
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank ADInglis
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed March 16, 2013

Last minute plans to Austin and had to stay at this place. The room was very small, the bed very uncomfortable, the television was a least 20 years old with a horrible picture. Even though the Wi-Fi did work, it was necessary to go to the front desk each day and pay for another day. This was just silly. The bathroom had a remodel attempt. It did not help it. The shower had absolutely NO water pressure. I could have poured a small cup of water on my head and had the same effect. The furniture in the room, what there was of it, was uncomfortable and very old. In general, the place is a dump. I am shocked that Motel6 allows them to carry the brand name.

Room Tip: Do not stay at this place in any of the rooms.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Scott J
Breckenridge, Colorado
Reviewed September 23, 2012 via mobile

This was solid place to crash... Something my fellow travelers & I appreciated finding enough to post a review of it! Sufficiently clean rooms; friendly staff. It's good to know where you can find these things mid-road trip. Added bonus: downtown Dallas was totally accessible by car from the motel, even on a Friday night. We drove in, but I figure the close proximity (three exits down 35) would make for a pretty cheap cab ride if you wanted to have some drinks. Worth settling in a pleasant (if unremarkable) spot just outside the city. Save your cash for all the Austin fun!

• Stayed September 2012