Motel 6 Austin Central - South/Univ of Texas
  • Breakfast included
Econo Lodge(Austin)
  • Breakfast included
Very Good 4/5
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 12, 2011

This place was loud, noisy, and had very hard beds.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank tp5970
Reviewed July 20, 2011

Never had an issue with the front office, but if I had known the condition of the area I would not have booked here with kids. This Motel 6 is located right off the I-35, so depending on where your room is, you might not get the best sleep (my room was right by the freeway, and I constantly heard trucks breaking, and cars racing throughout the night). It was extremely hard communicating with housekeeping because they understood very little English (had to play charades for some of the things I was asking for). Taking my dog out at night made me feel like I was living back in the ghetto, I saw some pretty shady guys, and some promiscuously dressed girls/women. The internet connection is also extremely slow, and not worth the $3/day fee.

In regards to the room, the wood flooring was nice. The door, though, was not properly sealed, so bugs got in through the bottom, along with LOTS of water when people came by to hose down the walkway. The bathroom hinges were also rusty, and the door was extremely hard to open and close (and couldn't be locked at all).

On the plus side, a lot of shopping areas are close by, and there was no pet fee for having my dog with us.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank kusakumo_9
Reviewed June 22, 2011

This motel 6 is just wonderful. It is new, very clean and the appointments in the room go way beyond what I would have expected in a motel. Many hotels I have stayed in are not as roomy and as well appointed. The room even has a ceiling fan and a selection of pillows for sleeping. Breakfast buffet in the morning was great and had just about anything anyone would have wanted for breakfast. Owners and employees are very nice. Plan to stay there whenever I go back to Austin, TX regardless of where I have business in the city. The traffic to get there is more than worth the wonderful stay..

Room Tip: Make a reservation early, they fill up quickly.
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank Sataviolet
Reviewed April 3, 2011

This location is right off of the highway...so it is very noisy and we were woken several times by trucks using their air brakes in the morning. Our room had wood floors and was nice by Motel 6 standards. The man at the front desk (night window, actually) was very friendly but I wish he had offered a room on the back side of the motel. That would have helped with the noise. Overall the stay was good for the weekday price (weekend was a little high) and the location was very convenient.

Room Tip: Ask for the back side.
  • Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank oobleckclyde
Reviewed March 29, 2011

The primary reason I would never stay there is the lack of service. The front desk woman, GINA, is nasty, inattentive and extremely rude! She never made eye contact and wanted you to talk to her while she was doing other things. If you didn't she would make you wait. Very passive/aggresssive behavior. She made faces and was demanding of the patron! If you called from the room she just couldn't be bothered. She made you wait until she was ready to listen to you or help you with what was needed. Had I not needed to stay there for the tech conference I was at, I would have left! Everything around town was sold out. I ould NEVER recommend this motel because of the rude service by this woman Gina.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business