“Small place, big taste, friendly staff”
Review of Blue Ribbon Barbecue - CLOSED

Blue Ribbon Barbecue
Cuisines: Barbecue
Description: www.fb.com/bbq is there face book address. Great bbq in downtown austin. Closest BBQ location to all travel hotels downtown austin.
Reviewed November 6, 2012

This is a hole in the wall inside the Frost Bank building along the 4th street side. I think their pork ribs are very, very good. Lunch plates are solid value at around $12. I like their sides - you can get salad, green beans, red beans, etc. Their breakfast tacos are all made to order, and you can get brisket - not chopped, but a true slice of brisket. Staff are very friendly and nice. I go there frequently as I have meetings in the building, and it is definitely a go back place.

Reviewed October 15, 2012

Was looking forward to some really good BBQ while in Austin. I was directed to this one and was told it was delicious. I had a chopped beef sandwich. The beef was actually too finely chopped. The BBQ sauce had no flavor or tang to it. The staff was very friendly. Banana pudding was good.

1  Thank Ibekt
Reviewed September 9, 2012

It was hot, we were hungry and in search of an eatery. We decided to try Blue Ribbon as we could not locate any food trucks. I enjoyed it! The staff was friendly, we sat in a nearly empty, air-conditioned room, and I thought the food was not bad. The cups are huge. Everything really is bigger here. The slaw tasted fresh and there is a station to add sauce and condiments such as onions. Mixing onions with the barbecue and sauce is perfect. The fruit salad was also tasty, although I'd recommend going with something not so sweet if you don't have a strong sweet tooth.

Reviewed July 19, 2012

Will attending a conference in Austin this week we ate the best Pork Ribs I have ever tasted... Just a short walk down 4th St from the Hilton, fast service, friendly people, and reasonably priced. Plus all the condiments you could hope for, pickles, onions, jalapeño peppers, shredded cheese, bacon bits, and white and wheat bread. We also had a dinner salad that was fresh and delicious! It was so good, we by on our way out of town and got 2 pounds of Pork Ribs to go. Try it, you'll love it!

Reviewed July 5, 2012

Traveled to Austin for the food (and a convention) and it definately didn't disappoint. The sauce was amazing. Steer clear of the turkey. It's nothing but processed meat. Get the pulled pork and/or sausage. The potato salad has a different flavor then the "creamy mayonaise" type and is delicious. The red potatos are a little dry. Overall, it's fabulous!