“Bad Bad Service”

Studio 6 Austin Northwest
Ranked #183 of 201 Hotels in Austin
Reviewed October 10, 2010

We stayed for a week and the front desk was RUDE!!! We paid for internetl that did not work. Don't bother asking front desk they do not care. They never came to clean the room. They would just say tomorrow and it never was cleaned. The washers and dryers were all broken. When we asked for clean towels they would say that they were too busy to come back later. The guys at the front desk should be fired. We left to another hotel.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple

Reviewed July 23, 2010

I got to my room rather late that night, after checking in earlier in the day and leaving. The room was not very clean-- dirty in the kitchen area and dirty bedspread. The dirty bedspread shouldn't have clued in-- but I tiredly got into bed anyway. I was itching right away, and all night. Not sure if it was bedbugs or just something they washed the sheets in. Doesn't matter-- I didn't get much sleep.

To add insult to injury, the previous renter had left a wakeup call for 6:30am. I had just gotten to sleep at 3am, so that wasn't so great. Had just fallen back to sleep when the front desk called to ask if I were staying another day and, then, just as I fell back to sleep again the maid showed up to ask if she could clean my room.

This all did not make for a good night's stay.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed July 1, 2009

In Austin on Business and stayed there for two nights. Could not get out fast enough. Room was next to garbage cans outside and every time you opened the door the room was filled with flies! I had to swat at lease 5 every time the door was opened. Loud shouting in rooms below at all hour of the night. Someone on the first floor had to remove a snake that came in under the door! Lots of contractor trucks in parking lot with loud engines that left early in the morning, Staff was OK, but property was dirty and Internet going off line. Had to log in 20 times a day. Look great at night but I would NEVER stay there again.

2  Thank Dallas_TX_Traveler14
Reviewed August 1, 2008

DON'T DO IT!
By Jeanne R, 08/01/08
Our daughter got married in July and we needed to find an affordable hotel for our out-of-town guests. Our guests told us that the staff was incredibly rude. The rooms smelled horrible, air conditioner didn't work in one room and the roaches took over. Some guests changed rooms, another guest (with new baby) had to move because she was afraid of the roaches crawling on the baby. I have never been so embarassed!

• Stayed: July 2008
1  Thank Dilbert58
Reviewed August 5, 2007

It's a Motel 6 room with a small kitchen.

It is, what it is. Not bad, but walls were thin. I was in the room for a week alone, and the couple next door were having "activities" every night. If I had kids, I'd mind, since I was alone, didn't really care. Again, it's a Motel 6 with a small kitchen, didn't really expect too much. It was clean, affordable, and nicely located off the I-35.

I would recommend it for a short stay on a budget.

• Stayed: December 2004, traveled solo
Reviewed June 7, 2007

What a disaster! I stayed one night and my car was broken into. The lot was full but for 2 spots, which weren't lighted, and of course that's where the thieves decided to go looking. My car window was smashed, radio stolen, etc. I had booked for 1 week but cancelled, yet they still charged the full week to my card despite the fact that I had my property vandalized! A TOTAL BUNCH OF LOW LIFE JERKS!

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank ib4eceptftrc
A TripAdvisor Member
Nebraska
Reviewed March 13, 2006

We requested a non smoking room, as two of us have very bad asthma. Right when we walked in, the room smelled smoky. The front desk said that is a non smoking room, but they can't watch what all their guests do in that room. our 4 yr old coughed and coughed, and we even had to do a breathing treatment on him. We also had to plunge our toilet a few times, as it wouldn't go down. I know that another guest staying there the same time as us, had toilet problems where it overflowed and had to be moved to another room. I just hope they improve on these things.

• Stayed: February 2006