“Don't do it!” 1 of 5 bubbles

“Don't do it!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2008

DON'T DO IT!
By Jeanne R, 08/01/08
Our daughter got married in July and we needed to find an affordable hotel for our out-of-town guests. Our guests told us that the staff was incredibly rude. The rooms smelled horrible, air conditioner didn't work in one room and the roaches took over. Some guests changed rooms, another guest (with new baby) had to move because she was afraid of the roaches crawling on the baby. I have never been so embarassed!

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Rude customer service, smell, roaches
  • Stayed July 2008
1 Thank Dilbert58

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2007

It's a Motel 6 room with a small kitchen.

It is, what it is. Not bad, but walls were thin. I was in the room for a week alone, and the couple next door were having "activities" every night. If I had kids, I'd mind, since I was alone, didn't really care. Again, it's a Motel 6 with a small kitchen, didn't really expect too much. It was clean, affordable, and nicely located off the I-35.

I would recommend it for a short stay on a budget.

• Liked — Cheap, near the I-35
  • Disliked — thin walls
  • Stayed December 2004, traveled solo
College Station
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2007

What a disaster! I stayed one night and my car was broken into. The lot was full but for 2 spots, which weren't lighted, and of course that's where the thieves decided to go looking. My car window was smashed, radio stolen, etc. I had booked for 1 week but cancelled, yet they still charged the full week to my card despite the fact that I had my property vandalized! A TOTAL BUNCH OF LOW LIFE JERKS!

• Liked — Trees
  • Disliked — vandalism!
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank ib4eceptftrc
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2006

We requested a non smoking room, as two of us have very bad asthma. Right when we walked in, the room smelled smoky. The front desk said that is a non smoking room, but they can't watch what all their guests do in that room. our 4 yr old coughed and coughed, and we even had to do a breathing treatment on him. We also had to plunge our toilet a few times, as it wouldn't go down. I know that another guest staying there the same time as us, had toilet problems where it overflowed and had to be moved to another room. I just hope they improve on these things.

• Stayed February 2006
7 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
fairfield county ct
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2005

After looking for a hotel in the Northwest section of Austin, we saw several major chains, i.e. Hilton, Hampton but they were sold out of smoking rooms (?). We first checked out the Extended Stay off of Rt 183 but after moving from room to room because of broken a/c units, and they were very loud to begin with, we found an extended stay Studio 6 right down the street and were pleasantly surprised. Besides being less than half the price of the other area hotels, it was clean and very well maintained. The girls at the front desk could not have more nice and helpful. There were several great restaurants in the immediate area, Chuys, Outback, Bone Daddy's and Joe's Crab Shack which was excellent we ate there twice great steak and king crab legs, and Walgreens was just a couple blocks away. Also a post office and Sonic up the street and Chase bank across the street. So for the location and price this is a great hotel especially for an extended stay as the price is lower the longer you stay and they were advertising $189 a week. You get a kitchenette, bath and bedroom. I would definitely consider Studio 6 next time travelling.

• Stayed May 2005