“Awesome BBQ for low price.”
Review of JMueller BBQ - CLOSED

JMueller BBQ
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed October 30, 2012

Found this food cart out of hundreds in Austin, and glad I did. Great service for the masses that showed up. Get there early as they run out of food and seats fast. Luckily (at 12:30) they still had brisket, my reason for going. Great crust and fall apart meat; fantastic sides that you could make a meal by themselves. These folks are the real deal. More meat and seats please!

3  Thank Keysmonkey

Reviewed October 17, 2012

Of the three BBQ places I tried in Austin, this was undoubtedly the best. The meat was full of flavour, perfectly cooked, and just the right amount of smoke. However, one guy there was a bit weird (bordering on unfriendly), and this is why I didn't give this place 5 stars. I am from Australia, and wanted to take a few photo's of my experience. He started to put his phone right in my face and saying "how do you like that"...very strange. Don't know if he was the owner or what.

Anyway, apart from that, the BBQ was fantastic. It is basically a permanent trailor sitting in a vacant lot, with tables and chairs under an umbrella. Yeah, I'll go back!

4  Thank MustDoTravel
Reviewed September 4, 2012

I drove 135 miles round trip to try the much hyped JMueller BBQ on S 1st in Austin Tx. The drive in 95+ degrees in an un air conditioned 1961 VW pickup was well worth the effort.I ordered a half pound of brisket and a order of potato salad . The brisket was excellent.The bark was just right.And the meat tasty and tender.The potato salad was the usual Taylorish smooth style , but very ,very good.John's sauce is awesome.It's the Taylor ,Elgin,Lochart , watery style but has a nice twang or kick to it.Out door eating on a hot day wasn't bad at all .Easy Up shelters are provided to keep the hot Texas sun off of you.This whole area of S. 1st and S.Congress is so funky and cool ,you can't help but enjoy your eating experience.Can't wait to eat there on a 70ish fall day.

1  Thank Paul S
Reviewed August 24, 2012 via mobile

Great juicy brisket sandwich. Moist tender meat with a delicious crispy crust. Served with pickles and onion on white bread. The sauce on the side was perfect not to thick and just adding to the all around taste although the meat was unbelievably good without it.
The people working there couldn't have been nicer and only added to a great eating experience.
Nothing fancy just perfectly cooked meat served the way it should be. I'm only in Austin a few more days but I'm going back for more.

Highly recommended.

1  Thank soundsource
Reviewed August 12, 2012 via mobile

We will never wait in line at Franklins again. Why, when you can get more flavorful, moist brisket at JMueller? We had one of everything and the flavor brought tears to one gourmand in our party. Among stand out dishes, the brisket was a gold medal. Crusted black pepper outside, moist and tender enough to cut with a plastic fork. The beef ribs reminded us of pot roast falling off the bone. Worth the 6 hour trip on a beautiful Sunday morning.

3  Thank Springers