“Professionals perform”

62 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 50 helpful votes
“Professionals perform”
Reviewed April 13, 2013

Zach Scott is our best known venue for plays and musicals (sorry Long Center, Zach was here first!). The smallest theatre is intimate, in the round, and has no bad seats. The largest new Topfer theatre has space for huge casts and sets, and no one is too far from the stage. The tickets are reasonably priced for the quality of the show. Support the best known local theatre company. Get here early to find a parking place.

Visited November 2012

Houston, Texas
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Nice theatre with cozy seats”
Reviewed April 9, 2013

I attended SXSW this past March and had the opportunity to watch some screenings at the Topfer theatre. This place is great! Spacious, comfortable seating that allowed me to relax during multiple screenings in a row. The restrooms were very clean and the theatre staff was very professional and friendly. I don't live in Austin and only know Topfer from my SXSW experience, but this was one of the nicest venues used during the festival.

Visited March 2013
Austin
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Amazingly good local theatre”
Reviewed March 5, 2013

The new Topfer theater is wonderful, with no bad seats. And the small stages are great venues for more intimate shows such as "Tru," which we just saw last week. I'm constantly amazed at the talent this theatre company attracts, and at the professional quality of the productions. "Next to Normal" last year was one of the best shows I've ever seen, anywhere, and we go to a lot of live theatre.

Austin, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“ZACH is great”
Reviewed March 2, 2013

We have seen several shows at ZACH in the last year. Always pleased. Great acting, wonderful production values. Extremely talented teams keep producing excellent shows. Barbara Chisholm Faires is a local actress that is always worth seeing - I drive a long way to see her shows and I am never disappointed. Thanks, ZACH!! Keep up the good work.

Texas
61 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 40 helpful votes
“Wow, the new building is fabulous!”
Reviewed March 1, 2013

This new facility is excellent. The Topfer proscenium theater is cozy, and the seats are comfortable. Restrooms aplenty. Parking is limited so get there early and enjoy a beverage.

Also, I bought my tickets by phone and had a delightful experience -- I talked to a real person within a minute without getting lost in a phone tree, and when I called back with a question, I immediately got another live person. Excellent service! (Also, the guy at Will Call was really cute.)