“Best happy hour sushi ever!”
Review of Afin Modern Japanese Tapas - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Afin Modern Japanese Tapas
Cuisines: Japanese
Park City, Utah
“Best happy hour sushi ever!”
Reviewed November 10, 2011

Once I discovered this place me and my girlfriend started going once a week for happy hour. The building it is in looks very weird from the outside but is nice on the inside and I think the location in Austin probably has lower rent so they can be a bit cheaper then places downtown. We go and get miso, 2 rolls (which are awesome spicy jen-jen, mr. choo roll etc.), chicken gyoza app, and 2 or 3 nigiri for $30! The chef Mr. Choo is always very nice and remembers us and does very interesting good tasting sushi. This is one of the places I will truly miss when I move away from Austin.

• Visited November 2011

austin
“Taking Sushi to a new level”
Reviewed October 23, 2011

At the site of a former Korean - Sushi restaurant that had so gone down in quality when this new restaurant opened up I couldn't get anyone to go with me. Fortunately I had one adventurous friend who said they would go. Since then I have been 5 times. Wow, what good food. When sushi becomes cuisine it is a real experience. My favorite dish - the Karia Escolar: white tuna slices with chili pesto and jalapeno slices lights up your mouth. The rolls are excellent too. There are also entrees that arent sushi, but a fusion of food styles. Give it a try, you won't be sorry. If only they would open for lunch.

• Visited September 2011