“Heaven in a slab”

Bacon
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Neighborhood: Downtown
Description: Twitter: @BaconRestaurant Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/BaconAustin
“Heaven in a slab”
Reviewed August 20, 2012

First - I am honest about the fact I love bacon. And they had a selections of basic foods that incorporated bacon. Its not like they are sneaking it into a fancy meal. No this is like - bacon and eggs, BLT, Waffles and bacon, etc. It is not an adventuresome menu - just good solid standards that you would expect to be served with bacon. Here is the cool part though: on our visit we had three types of bacon to chose from. We loved the house bacon that is smoked on premises but they also had hickory smoked and an asian inspired bacon. If you like bacon you should go.

Visited August 2012

Austin
“Wooooo Pig Soooooie”
Reviewed July 2, 2012

By far the best breakfast whole in the wall in Austin. The smell of fried bacon hits you outside and you wander towards it with eyes closed and nose in the air. Be prepared for bacon cheesy goodness with a smile. You can get grits with biscuts and gravy or a fried egg n' bacon sandwich if you want to keep it simple. It's all good and priced for the pounds of meat you'll get. MMMMMMMGGGGGOOOOOOOD!

Visited June 2012
Austin, Texas
“Ode to a pig”
Reviewed June 20, 2012

The Broken Yolk BLT--so huge I was embarrassed when I was actually able to take a bite. I ordered it with the house bacon, not one of the specialty "bacons of the day" and I wish I would have asked for it to be extra crispy. The house bacon is thick slab and like eating a pork loin instead of strips of bacon. But, it had intense bacon flavor--rich, smokey. The BLT sandwich would feed a hungry, strapping, teenage boy. It could easily be split between two adults as could the order of fries, or should I say bowl-o-fries. I am definitely going to order the bacon Belgian waffle on the next visit. I was lusting after it as it was being eaten at the next table. We were there at prime lunch time and the place was packed yet, our food was out to us in under 20 minutes. That's not a bad wait and, with a seat near the picture windows up front, there's a lot to see and talk about. The parking lot is tiny so, if you get there too late, you'll have to scurry for a street slot.

• Visited June 2012
Arvada, Colorado
“Thick & Juicy Bacon!”
Reviewed April 23, 2012

A co-worker and I checked this place out one Friday for lunch. Keep in mind it is near downtown and the available parking is lacking. Luckily, we got there closer to 1pm so we were able to find a close spot. I got the Best BLT and was given 2 different types of bacon to choose from. One is a hickory bacon with wasabi flavor. Since I can't have spicy, I had the latter. It was still delicious!

• Visited April 2012
Austin
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Unique Model”
Reviewed March 22, 2012

This restaurant is a cool place to grab a bit to eat. I love the flavored bacon that they serve each day. To anyone who loves meat, I recommend you give this place a try!

• Visited February 2012