“Soooo Austin”

Violet Crown Cinema
Ranked #11 of 63 Fun & Games in Austin
Reviewed January 17, 2014

Great place to see films-not movies. I go into the city to see the flicks that probably won't get to my small town. The individual theaters are small and tables flip out so you can put your drink and food. Which by the way, they offer a full bar and great eats to nibble on. My favs are the margaritas and brussels sprouts. The icing on the cake is an adjoining parking garage so whether is is a winter vortex of scorching Texas summer, you are only steps away from the entrance. Oh, and the service is very accommodating!

All reviews
in 75 reviews
"garage"
in 12 reviews

Reviewed January 15, 2014

We have been to this cinema a few times for films and love the more intimate venue. They have drink options not offered at other cinemas.

Reviewed January 3, 2014

We just visited the Violet Crown for the first time and really loved the whole experience. The cinema was small and very comfortable... it feels like downtown Austin. We took advantage of the 4 hour free parking right below the theatre which allowed us to wander about downtown and have a drink before the movie started. The food and drinks were great as well as the prices. Good selection of movies there's nothing not to like about this little gem! Similar to Alamo you can purchase tickets online and select your seats in advance. Unlike the Alamo this is not full service so you do have to pick up your food and drink orders. One warning regarding the parking if you go 1 minute over the four hour allowance you're charged $15 so keep your eyes on your watch. Great addition, love it!

Reviewed December 26, 2013

Small and cozy movie theater. I used to eat the ginger pork tapas every time we went to watch a movie there. The Violet Crown always shows great documentaries and cultural movies. I love this place.

See more reviews
Reviewed December 17, 2013

It was nice. I like that they have a bar and food. But then it's coming early to the movie to eat and drink before the movie. Frankly, Alamo has spoiled me - eating and drinking during the movie is now what I look forward to. But Violet Crown was nice and they validate parking so the fact that it is downtown is okay. I do like that they will play independent films. I'd go back for the right movie, perhaps something with subtitles - without the food, I could probably focus.

Been to Violet Crown Cinema? Share your experiences!