“Wonderful experience”

Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Zilker Park
Cross street: Between Mary and Oltorf on Lamar
Reviewed December 6, 2013

We had the most wonderful experience , what a total surprise. We were greeted by the hostess and told our table was not quite ready, but she would take our order for for a beer or wine, which we had while watching the chefs in the kitchen. When we were seated we got a surprise that the chefs were doing a complete tasting of the menu, and they would even serve vegetarian dishes for our daughter. We were served 12 delightful dishes,, my favorite was the quail. I also want to mention that our server was Tory, she was also wonderful, engaged and informative. We certainly will put this on our next visit to Austin.

1  Thank mcpresco

Reviewed December 4, 2013

American Tapas, inventive with fresh local ingredients. Such a treat! We had Tomato soup - creamy, tangy, smooth. Then the Crab salad immersed in the sea, spicy and crunchy - awesome. The Gulf shrimp was the best shrimp I ever ate with andouille, delicious okra, hush puppies and amazing hollandaise with strong lemon tones. ... We will be back. Again and Again.

2  Thank Blueshadow31
Reviewed November 9, 2013 via mobile

I loved the warm rustic interior and excellent service. The menu consists of chef chosen small plates beautifully presented and creatively complex. I have to say, though, they were very good but not excellent and more like small bites than small plates. One problem with several dishes was a saltiness that overwhelmed other flavors. The wine and beer offerings were extensive and impressive. We enjoyed our meal and the experience but regrettably can't add this to our favorites.

Reviewed November 5, 2013

The staff was excellent and everything we tried was delicious. Great selection of wine and beer too!

1  Thank Yvonnelaf
Reviewed November 3, 2013

This is one of the restaurants that you need to know what you are getting into before you go. It is very small with a great energy. The tables are shared, and we met some lovely ladies from Austin. However, one couple sat down with us and left before they ordered because they didn't know the tables are shared (and small). They only serve beer and wine but they have a decent collection. The food was good - very unique and full of flavors. I had two complaints. First the servers would yell "DOOR" every time they walked into the kitchen, I guess so they wouldn't run into each other. Our table was right by the kitchen so we were constantly interrupted with servers yelling over our shoulders. Second, I asked our waitress to serve my steak medium and she refused. She said it "destroys the meat." She would not even ask the chef to do it. I've eaten at 5 Michelin starred restaurants that will serve my steak medium (I'm not asking for it well done for goodness sake) and what ever happened to "the customer is always right?" I was really put off by the arrogance of a 20 year old telling me how to eat my steak. I would say that was my overall feel of the place...arrogant for no reason.

3  Thank Permanenthoneymoon