“great burger and pop overs. go there”
Review of Foreign & Domestic

Foreign & Domestic
Ranked #372 of 3,849 Restaurants in Austin
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Hyde Park
Reviewed May 2, 2013

Went to this place as a single diner, choosing to sit and the Chef's bar. I was able to walk right in with no wait. I started out with the Black pepper and gruyere pop overs, which did not dissapoint. Although being by myself two pop overs was a bit much but I did my very best to devour both of them. My entree was the waygu beef burger. This thing was 3/4lb with fried portk belly on top. Holy smokes I had every intention of not eating the whole thing after the pop over debacle but in the end there was nothing left on my plate and I needed a nap. The soux chefs were friendly and had a great conversation with them when they could afford the distraction.

Reviewed April 12, 2013

A wonderful exprerience sitting at the Chef's bar. Innovative cuisine combinations, the black peeper and gruiyere turnovers were killer, the burger awesome, the service tremendous and overall a fun foodie establishment. It is great to see younger folks working very hard to bring their vision and concepts to the fore, and Austin is a difficult town to do so. Example Tuesday night Packed to the outside seating in the reformed garage, go, you will enjoy, relax its meant to be fun!

Reviewed April 5, 2013

The second best thing about Foreign & Domestic is the intimacy, especially if you're able to sit at the chef's bar. Talk to the chef's; talk to the other guests. Enjoy being a foodies. Of course the very best thing is the food itself.
We had popovers, chicken biscuit, and the burger. All outstanding. Onion rings were the best I've ever had (and I've had more than my fair share.) Think crunchy Krispy Kreme doughnut fresh off the line with no sugar and an onion ring inside. The dough melts in your mouth as you crunch into it. My rings were over salted, but that was quickly overlooked.
Burger was fantastic with blue cheese butter and pork belly. I would have left off the lettuce, but it did look nice.
The red eye gravy on the biscuit was a tad heavy, but tasted great. Again, easily overlooked.
Certainly, on our list to visit again.

Reviewed March 9, 2013

My companions have been here several times. We ended up at the chef's counter, so we were able to see the work going on in the open kitchen. The food combinations are wonderful, with interesting combinations. Don't be timid here! And save room for dessert -- even if you share it. It's all worth the calories!

Reviewed February 27, 2013

What I love about this place is that it feels like you are a guest in a chef's home kitchen. It is a bit noisy but the place is small so that is hard to avoid. The staff is always friendly.

Been to Foreign & Domestic? Share your experiences!