“Wonderful Food and Accurate Take out”

No photo provided
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Gladstone, Michigan
“Wonderful Food and Accurate Take out”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2014

I was craving Thai food (actually, the baby in my tummy was demanding Thai food if we would like to be accurate!) when I placed a take-out order. To be honest, I was a bit hesitant as I am not from Austin, am staying at my in-laws and they are not Thai restaurant goers and did not have a recommendation.

This place had chicken with a garlic sauce which is what my baby in me was demanding. I also ordered their chicken pad Thai to act as a decoy for the others. I knew that once they smelled the food, they would want some. So to keep them away from the garlic chicken, I would offer the Pad Thai as a sacrifice. (my plan worked!). I ordered it via phone and requested that the garlic chicken be garlicky but not spicy.

My mother-in-law (bless her!) was gracious enough to go and pick it up and bring it home. The aroma was wonderful coming out of the packages. And the taste was fresh and wonderful! The sauce on the garlic chicken was just right! It seeped through to the rice below and the combination was quite satisfying!

Now, being that this was take out, I did not enter the restaurant, I can only comment on the food quality and accuracy.

• Visited February 2014

Austin, Texas
“Ok food”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 5, 2013 via mobile

I was not impressed and will not go back. The staff was nice but the place is dumpy. I guess it is ok for a quick lunch but not a family dinner.

Wilmington, North Carolina
“Excellent Thai Food ... freshly prepared, good value, wonderful flavors!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013

Family outing to a restaurant recommended by a friend of the family. The setting (a rather sad strip mall) was a little off-putting. We shouldn't have been concerned. The restaurant was busy on a weekday night, and many of the patrons were Thai speaking (always a good sign!). The restaurant seems to be run by a Thai family.

The food was excellent, reasonably priced, and obviously freshly prepared and served. The meat and seafood was perfectly cooked. The service was excellent.

I would highly recommend this restaurant to anyone wanting to experience fine Thai dining!

• Visited July 2013
Santa Fe, New Mexico
“Excellent food and and service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2013

I had lunch here when there were not many people in the restaurant. I found the food to be authentic. I had the pork rib (very crispy), spring rolls (very fresh), and the papaya salad (Thai hot). A friend had the pineapple curry. All of the dishes were excellent. I did sample the Pineapple Curry and found it better than any I had before primarily because it was not over-sweet and not spicy hot. One thing is true: they will spice your food to Thai standards. Just emphasize mild if you want it that way. Medium spicy is a hard mark to hit and subjective. (Remember these are Thai chefs). Service was prompt and courteous.
One word of caution: This place is HARD to find. The white sign on the building in the strip mall does not stand out and its easy to pass it by. I am glad we persisted in finding it.

• Visited May 2013
Austin, Texas
“Good Food, Average Service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

The food is generally good. They do a good job in carrying a large vegetarian elements in the menu. However their scope for improvement lies in Service. I found their service not very pleasing. Despite asking for "medium spicy", we were served very spicy food and my kid could not eat it. Barring that rest was good. I particularly like Coconut based Veg Soup (Don't know what they call it in Thai), Pineapple Fried Rice, Thai Basil Fried Rice, Steamed Rolls and Green Curry. I definitely recommend food with recommendation to improve service.

• Visited March 2013