“Excellent food and and service”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Muangthai Thai Restaurant
Ranked #1,344 of 3,727 Restaurants in Austin
Cuisines: Thai
Santa Fe, New Mexico
“Excellent food and and service”
Reviewed June 2, 2013

I had lunch here when there were not many people in the restaurant. I found the food to be authentic. I had the pork rib (very crispy), spring rolls (very fresh), and the papaya salad (Thai hot). A friend had the pineapple curry. All of the dishes were excellent. I did sample the Pineapple Curry and found it better than any I had before primarily because it was not over-sweet and not spicy hot. One thing is true: they will spice your food to Thai standards. Just emphasize mild if you want it that way. Medium spicy is a hard mark to hit and subjective. (Remember these are Thai chefs). Service was prompt and courteous.
One word of caution: This place is HARD to find. The white sign on the building in the strip mall does not stand out and its easy to pass it by. I am glad we persisted in finding it.

• Visited May 2013

Austin, Texas
“Good Food, Average Service”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

The food is generally good. They do a good job in carrying a large vegetarian elements in the menu. However their scope for improvement lies in Service. I found their service not very pleasing. Despite asking for "medium spicy", we were served very spicy food and my kid could not eat it. Barring that rest was good. I particularly like Coconut based Veg Soup (Don't know what they call it in Thai), Pineapple Fried Rice, Thai Basil Fried Rice, Steamed Rolls and Green Curry. I definitely recommend food with recommendation to improve service.

• Visited March 2013
Austin, Texas
“Hands Down, Best Pad Thai in Austin”
Reviewed July 19, 2012

Unimpressive location in the very "rough around the edges" strip mall complex on the NE corner of 620/183. So, not much to look at from the street, and the interior decor is likewise not likely to bowl you over. So, maybe not the best place to bring a date if you're looking to impress.

Unless of course your date is all about the food, because ... oh, the *food*! Fantastic. I've tried several of their thai curries and each on was delicious. But the big score for me is their pad thai -- spectacular. Best I've had in Austin, period. Prices are moderate, service is friendly if a bit chaotic. But honestly, they could fling the pad thai at me from across the room and I'd still tip generously and say thank you -- it's that good.

• Visited June 2012
Gunnison, Colorado
“Delicious but crazy service”
Reviewed July 2, 2012

This may be the best Thai food I've had in the Austin area but it took us forever to be seated, forever to have our drink orders taken, forever to have our food orders taken, you get the picture. Restaurant is a little too spacious but the decor was nice.

• Visited June 2012
austin
“Some Like it HOT!”
Reviewed January 2, 2012

Lunch Special #6, Monday - Friday, 11am-3pm, Pad Kee Mao is very good. It REALLY earns its two pepper rating. Upon request, they will tone it down, for the faint of heart, and add pork. Check the website for Lunch specials and Dinner menu. Call ahead for take-out available.

• Visited November 2011

Been to Muangthai Thai Restaurant? Share your experiences!