“Single Females Do Not Book”

Motel 6 Austin Central - North
Ranked #149 of 202 Hotels in Austin
Reviewed June 3, 2011

On May 28,2011, I had a room at this Motel 6. I was there a couple of hours and the adjoining room door opened and closed. I went to the lobby to tell the front desk what happened and the guy with tattoo on his neck told "Me" the guest to knock on the door and tell two male hispanics to stop. I went back to my room and they did it again. I went back to front desk and basically he told me to bad . I asked him to call his manager and I got the same response. I went back to my room 108 and left
My safety was not a concern

• Stayed: May 2011
3  Thank midest1963
There are newer reviews for Motel 6 Austin Central - North

Reviewed February 27, 2011

We stayed at this motel for one night. The person at the lobby that checked us in told us when we asked if there is any antique shops close the answer he gave was where to find hookers and the pawn shops. Would never stay at this motel again it gives Motel 6 a very bad reputation. While we were on vacation we stayed at much nicer motels for the same amount of money or less. The room had no shampoo, hair dryer, clock, extra towels they charge extra for more than 1 person but do not give extra towels for that person.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ourtimenow122
Reviewed November 13, 2010

Pros: Very very clean; Newly renovated gave it a modern look; Location is convenient to I35 and many surrounding restaurants and shops.
Cons: No alarm clock or dresser; Internet access is an additional 2.95

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 30, 2010

We arrived into Austin early evening, and wanted to spend the night, but not spend a lot of money. We also wanted to be fairly close to the downtown. We found this hotel on our GPS, and were offered the last non-smoking room at $5 off due to it being later in the day.

The room was very clean and simple. We were told on reception that we could walk to 6th Street, but we had them call a taxi because we were tired, and after we drove the route in the taxi, we were very glad that we did not walk it, as it did not look that safe. The taxi ride was less than $10.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank amitante
Reviewed July 26, 2010

When we checked in to the room, the rates were way higher than what we were originally quoted. Since we were tired from the long drive we decided that we would deal with it when the manager got in. (which was in two days) The next day security pounded on our door at 4 AM telling us we had to leave because there was no payment made. They tried barging in our room but thankfully we had the other lock on there. We told them that we would be talking to the manager in the morning and that the front desk was already aware of it. I talked to the manager Brandy whom was very rude and did nothing about them changing the price upon check-in or about security pounding on our doors at 4AM, she said this is when they ran their reports. Brandy also stated that the reason for the price change was because there was a city event. We had just booked the hotel two days prior to our check in date, so if they were going to change the prices for the event then they should have quoted us those prices. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone traveling in the Austin area!!!

Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank suntraveler1011
Reviewed June 12, 2010

There are several reviews about drug dealers and prostitutes, but I didn't see any of that. It's not the greatest area compared to the rest of Austin and many of the guests there looked low-class but that's expected for the price. As a single female, I felt safer knowing there was a security guard on duty after 10 p.m. The room was simple, yet surprisingly modern. Everything seemed very clean and neat. I slept well -- didn't have any issues with noise. The only negative was that the internet connection wasn't working. I paid $3 for it but got a refund.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank smatx6
Reviewed May 1, 2010

Found the rooms Cheap but was clean and non smoking.Good if you just want bed and bathroom.extremely easy to get to the city and back.Was woken on first morning at 0430 by hooker cold calling my room,hung up straight away and complained to staff in office later who knew of this happening but offered little other help apart from don't answer the phone. WiFi cheap and worked well.Welcome to real america on a budget

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled solo