Holiday Inn Express Austin Airport
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
All reviewsearly flight the next morningaustin airportfree breakfasthardwood floorssitting areahappy hourbusiness officemini suitespent one night hereroom was spaciousmodern hotelfree shuttlefront desk personfirst flooryogurteasy accesshie
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 11, 2010

I recently stayed at this hotel with my sister and mother. We traveled down to Texas for my cousins wedding in San Antonio, but ended up staying our first night in Austin. The hotel was pretty easy to get to, very close to the airport entrance. There are not a whole lot of options for food that are nearby, you have to drive closer to the heart of Austin, but if you are only staying a short time, not a big deal. The staff at the customer service desk were awesome, told us about what was going on in the area that weekend, gave us info about our rooms, the pool, breakfast, and also gave directions to places we needed to get to. They were all very friendly people. Did not have a chance to get to the pool, so cant comment on it. The room was very clean, and the beds were pretty comfortable, especially when I compare it to the other place we stayed in San Antonio later that weekend! The air conditioner was loud as stated in previous review, not quite sure why, but I also like the background noise, so it didnt bother me. There was also the free breakfast in the morning, which includes cereals, toast, bagels, cinnamon rolls, eggs, bacon, and other hot breakfast items. The food was pretty good, probably better than most breakfast restaurants anyway:) I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone coming to the Austin area, especially if they need to be close to the airport!

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank Misty9577
Reviewed March 30, 2010

I had booked 2 double rooms almost a month in advance and when my group arrived at the hotel later in the day we were told they only had Kings available? Long story short - what's the advantage of booking in advance and being a priority clum member is there rooms are given out based on when you arrive?

Finally a lady came in later than us that also reserved a double and they had one for her?? She gave it up for us and we ended with one king and one double. Basically 2 grown women had to sleep on a pull out sofa for two nights!

The air conditioner in this hotel is AWEFUL!!!!! It comes on LOUDDDDDDDD and then goes to dead silence and then super loud ... dead silent... You get the point! It was impossible to sleep through! Both rooms had the same problem!

The hotel itself was not too bad - just the service and the lack of good sleep... Which are the 2 most important things to me in my travels!

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 15, 2010

The location was as promised. The room was large. The room did not have wireless internet access as advertised. The hotel was not pet friendly as advertised. The hot water was sparse. The lighting was flourescent and made everyone look sick. The walls were sponge painted in faux tiles. (1988 style) The tissue box was not replaced when empty. The walls were thin and you could hear everything. I feel I got my money's worth, but next time I'll pay more. This is not a typical holiday inn express experience.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed January 12, 2010

This hotel did not honor our group reservation and sold the meeting room out from under us even though we were working through the contract. They let us know only a couple weeks prior to our event that the meeting rooms in our contract had been sold to someone else and that our contract was late and invalid even though we had turned in weeks previously. This was a contract that we faxed in 3 times - felt like the runaround particularly when they canceled. I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND THIS HOTEL TO ANYONE LOOKING TO DO BUSINESS.

Stayed: January 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed August 21, 2009

We stayed here recently the night before an early morning flight. The hotel is good in the sense that it served its purpose. There is a Denny's next door, but no other restaurants within the area. The hotel does serve breakfast in the morning, but after we needed to be airport so we have no opinion on that.

The room was comfortable, shower good, but air conditioning was noisy. The room had a small kitchenette area with sink and microwave and small table with 2 chairs. There was a working desk with free wireless.

We didn't try the pool, but could hear the people out there until midnight, so it must have been OK. Overall, a good hotel, but only for necessity not want.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple