Holiday Inn Express Austin Airport
Ranked #121 of 201 Hotels in Austin
Reviewed February 17, 2014

Pros: Bed was Comfortable. Plenty of options at the breakfast buffet. Nice and Friendly staff.

Cons: Room was very musty. Vending machines only on two floors and drinks cost $2.50! I didn't have any cash and they wouldn't let me charge it my room.
No restaurant, room service, or convenience shop in the hotel. I heard there was a store down the street, but never had time to check it out.

Fun and kind of cool when I was picked up at the airport by the hotel "limo".

Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
Hiren P, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Austin Airport, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2014

Dear DenverShine,

Thank you for submitting a review about our hotel and sharing your feedback. We are happy to know that you enjoyed our comfortable beds, and our delicious breakfast. Soon we are staring our full renovation, our sweet shop will be open and more choices will be offered by our hotel. We hope you can visit us again soon.

Fabiola.

Reviewed January 6, 2014

In town on business. HI Express was conveniently located just minutes from the airport. The front desk person was helpful and accommodated my request for early check in. I found the property as advertised with a suite style room which was spacious and nicely decorated. The managers reception was a nice touch! I will stay again in the future.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Hiren P, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Austin Airport, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2014

Dear Jim K,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about your experience with us. I am pleased to know that you found our hotel comfortable and staff very helpful. We strive to give great and impressive service to all of our guests and it makes us happy to read that you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to welcoming you back to our Hotel. Once again thank you for the wonderful and kind words of praise.

Fabiola

Reviewed November 6, 2013

This hotel was super comfortable and we had a suite for the Hotwire price, two double beds, separate room with sofa, a microwave and fridge. This would be a great place to stay when traveling with teenagers, plenty of room, a clean outdoor pool and complementary breakfast. The assistant manager, Fabiola, was very helpful,and suggested some good restaurants and sites in Austin. This hotel is about 15-20 minutes from downtown Austin.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Austin Airport, responded to this reviewResponded November 22, 2013

Dear Stephanee J,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about your experience with us, we value your loyalty to our brand and hotels. I am pleased to know that you find our hotel comfortable and staff very helpful. We strive to give great and impressive service to all of our guests and it makes us happy to read we exceeded your expectations. We look forward to welcoming you back to our establishment. Once again thank you for the wonderful and kind words of praise.

Krysllin G
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed October 4, 2013

I have to say the hotel was wonderful they had a manager’s reception and served finger food beverages included Draft beer and wine. The staff was fantastic, and it’s only a 5-10 minute drive from the airport. You can sit out next to the pool and catch some sun or take a dip very nice stay. I'm sure it will be much better when the road construction is complete.

Room Tip: When I was there there was quite abit of road construction going on DOnt let that stop you from vivi...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business

Dear Terry M.,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your experience with us, we value your loyalty to our brand and hotels. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed our manager's reception. Hopefully next time you come to stay with us the road constructions will be done. We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel.

Fabiola

Reviewed September 1, 2013

I was in Austin a few days and decided to stay at the holiday inn express Austin Airport. I was booked for a 2 double bed but called in to see If I could upgraded to a king bed. The staff was wonderful and due my platinum status it was not an issue. The hotel is less than 10 min from the airport which was awesome. I got complimentary water at the desk and the staff was waiting for my arrival which was great. The décor looked good and there was a wide breakfast area in the lobby. I entered my room around 11PM and I immediately noticed the very dated look. They had a window A/C which is not a problem in other locations, but fighting the 110+ degree weather in Texas was giving this unit a hard time. The bed of course was fantastic and I enjoyed the HD TV. In the morning, as I was getting ready I hit the lights and saw roaches. I killed them left them on the floor to see whether or not the house keeping would do their the jobs when I return in the afternoon ( they did). The breakfast was normal. Usually, HIX would have alternate breakfast options each day ie. sausage on Monday, bacon on Tuesday etc. unfortunately for me all bacon every morning. The staff here makes this a 3/5 the rooms alone would be a 1/5. Wont stay here again.

Room Tip: There is construction going on now. This may alter your travel times and routes
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank LAMERV20
Fabiola M, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Austin Airport, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2013

Dear LAkers20,

We would like to first thank you for taking the time to write a review about your most recent stay with us. We would like to apologize for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay. We have taken the issues you experienced into our hands and are having them resolved. We do hope you give us the oppurtunity again to provide you the great service and accommodations we are known for in your future travels.

Management

Reviewed May 24, 2013

Hey, its an airport hotel... and you get what you pay for. In this case the hotel is actually not all that bad... the service at check-in was fantastic. The rooms are large with separate sitting and sleeping areas -- the new bedding and TV can't make up for the poor bathroom and shower. It's beyond me why hotel's spend the money on the updates in the room but leave old bath fixtures and noisy fans and in-wall AC units.

There is a free shuttle to and from the airport and it looked like the breakfast selections were above average for a hotel in this class.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Fabiola M, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Austin Airport, responded to this reviewResponded May 27, 2013

Dear fryfrye,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to share about your experience stay at Holiday Inn Express Austin Airport. It is always a pleasure to make our guest have a great experience during their stay. We are going to start a full renovation of our hotel and we are going to make sure to take your suggestions to improve our bath fixtures and our A/C units. Our Goal is to have a great hotel that guest Love. Holiday Inn Express & Suites Austin Airport. We are looking forward to see you, on your next trip to Austin TX

Fabiola Moyado
Assistant General Manager.

Reviewed May 5, 2013

This by far was the best hotel of our trip to Austin and San Antonio. We booked because of proximity to the airport for an early flight. The room was spacious, well laid out and contained all the necessities. Check in was smooth and easy. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank lbaileyart
Fabiola M, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Austin Airport, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2013

Dear lbaileyart,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to share about your experience during your stay at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Austin Airport. We happy to know that you had a great experience during your stay and that our Front desk agents made your stay better. We are looking forward to see you, on your next trip to Austin TX.

Fabiola Moyado.