“Nice Property, good price”

Holiday Inn Express Austin Airport
Ranked #122 of 205 Hotels in Austin
Reviewed November 20, 2012

Very nice clean property, with lots of extras. Our room came with a fully stocked kitchenette. This was a huge help since we were traveling with our friend who is diabetic. I'm not sure if this is standard, but I will go back there every time just for this feature if it is. The staff was great, especially since the electricity went out on our block for about 2 hours. They did everything within their power to keep us comfortable and safe.

The pool was nice. Their breakfast had great selections and was kept well stocked. This property was about a 10 min drive from downtown Austin, but it was very convenient to all major roads and stores. The price and the extras make this a gem in my book!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Fabiola M, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Austin Airport, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2012

Dear Bakeaholic,

I would like to Thank you for taking the time to share a few details from your recent stay at Holiday Inn Express Austin Airport. We are very happy to hear all the good things that you experience during your stay at our Holiday Inn Express & Suites. It is always our top priority to provide a great service to all of our guest. We hope to see you soon, When you come to Austin TX.

Fabiola Moyado.

Reviewed November 7, 2012

We needed a place to stay, and this was an affordable stopover in Austin. Location is not the best, but it's close to the airport. They wouldn't honor our discount because my boyfriend lost the credit card he booked the room on, so we had to pay more than we thought...but I suppose that was just unfortunate for us.

The rooms were fine, service was ok. Nothing exceptional to mention, nothing terrible either. Just an average hotel in Austin. Wouldn't stay here again, but don't have anything bad to say about the place.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Fabiola M, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Austin Airport, responded to this reviewResponded November 9, 2012

Dear Dianah R,

Hello and thank you for taking the time to write a review about our location. I would like to apologize that your stay with us was just a stay, not having anything good or bad about our property. Hopefully you can give us an opportunity to provide you the service that Holiday Inn Express Austin Airport is known for.

Assistant General Manager.

Reviewed October 16, 2012

I am what most would call a needy traveler... Flor was working the front desk & took the time and effort to make sure my stay was perfect!!! The staff during breakfast & happy hour were super nice & polite.

Room Tip: Happy hour with snacks & beverages on Monday - Thursday!
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Fabiola M, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Austin Airport, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2012

Dear Jason P.,

I would like to Thank you for taking the time to share a few details from your recent stay at Holiday Inn Express Austin Airport. It is always pleasant to hear that Flor's service was beyond your expectations during your stay, That is always our goal. Please when you come back to Austin make sure to visit us again.

Sincerly,
Fabiola Moyado.

Reviewed October 5, 2012

I was there recently for a company training class-- and I was not impressed. This hotel, in my oppinion, made our company look bad. Wished we had selected a different venue. The staff was very rude and unaccomadating, including the general manager. Not very friendly at all. We received better customer service at the McDonalds. We had double occupancy, but the rooms were so small with double beds that it was very uncomfortable. To have separate rooms was $125 which seemed high to me for the quality of the rooms. (I actually did decide to leave and check in at a DAYS INN close by for a cleaner, larger room, with more amenities. Was very happy with that decision.) The breakfast was subpar, our eggs were still frozen. It was fairly clean, and while the front desk staff were not very friendly or polite, I will admit that the maintenance staff were excellent...very nice and accommondating. But I can't imagine why our company selected this place, but plan to offer feedback to change venues for a number of reasons. I could not and would not reccomend this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Fabiola M, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Austin Airport, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2012

Dear Gwyn W,

I would like to Thank you for taking the time to share a few details from your recent stay at Holiday Inn Express Austin Airport. Your opinion is very valuable to us, we apologize for the inconveniences that you experience during your training. We have been accommodating your company for couple of year now. We have always follow their instructions accommodating their trainees, we have never had any issues with our Hotel quality, amenities or the quality of our service. We have to respect the regulations of you company regarding the trainees accommodations. Hopefully you will give us an opportunity to give you the best service that Holiday Inn Express Austin Airport is known for.

Sincerly,

Reviewed September 30, 2012

This was our second time to stay at the hotel. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Rooms were very spacious and clean. Perfect for our needs. Breakfast is what it is, "continental" and was just as expected. There is a Denny's right next door if you desire more. Free wifi is a plus! Oh and the pillows are the best. They have "firm" and "soft", two of each on each bed. Most hotels give you the giant pilllows that noone can sleep on. That made our night much more restful. When we make another trip to Austin this is our hotel for sure.

1  Thank Lisa P
Fabiola M, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Austin Airport, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2012

Dear Lisa P,

I would like to Thank you for taking the time to share a few details from your recent stay at Holiday Inn Express Austin Airport. I was pleased to hear you enjoyed our clean spacious rooms. Pillows are signature for Holiday Inn Express, we happy to hear the pillows helped you have a restful night.
We look forward to welcoming you back next time work (or fun) brings you to Austin.

Reviewed September 30, 2012

I don't usually write reviews but I had to give this hotel a rave review. The room was spacious and clean. The staff was very friendly and accommodating any request we had. The public areas were well kept and we had the breakfast every morning. We were there for 6 nights and had time to use the pool and hot tub which were very clean and well kept. biggest hot tub I have been in. I did not notice any problem with a/c or construction noise. It is located right outside of Austin, easy drive in. We took a 90 minute Austin tour at the visitor's center which was well worth and gave us a lot of information that we would not have known. If you have time there is a place about 10 minutes from the hotel on 71 west called Bertoll's pecan grove, a gift shop worth visiting, especially if you like pecans!! Can't say enough nice things about this hotel.

Room Tip: 1st floor room near pool great for anyone who can't walk any distance, very convenient

Dear Paula252,

I appreciate you taking the time to share a review of your recent experience at Holiday Inn Express Austin Airport. It's always nice to read positive comments about our pool and hot tub. It is our mission is to meet all of our guests expectation with a clean hotel. Thank you for your recommendation and I hope see you here in Austin soon!

Reviewed September 15, 2012

We just spent one night here since we had an early flight the following morning.
It is easy accessible and parking lot right in front of the hotel. The room is very spacious and clean.
We had a room with two queen size beds. Free Wifi and the possibility to print from PC, e.g Boarding Pass are much appreciated.
Drawbacks: Airconditioner right under the window besides one of the beds. Quite noisy and cooling your feet. Take care not to get a cold !!
Breakfast is very limited in choice and coffee ist thinner than thin. All plastic plates and spoons, knives and forks. Will all be thrown away.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Fabiola M, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Austin Airport, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2012

Dear idegenvezetoe,

Thank you for taking time to post a review of our property. I am truly delighted our location suited you well and pleased you found our free Wi-Fi in the lobby commendable. We work diligently to ensure our facilities are well maintained and we try our hardest to provide not just good value, but comfortable, clean and friendly accommodations. Please accept my apologies for falling short of your expectations. I appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving the quality and service we offer to our guests, we meet our standards with our IHG corporation. I hope that you will give us the pleasure of hosting you again on your next visit.