“Hands down best rock climbing adventure ever”

Rock-About Climbing Adventures
Ranked #4 of 104 Outdoor Activities in Austin
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Rock-About Has been providing Austin tours since 2001 and our AMGA certified guides have a perfect safety record. Your having a great time is our mission and we have a ton of reviews that reflect our ability. Join us right in the middle of Austin for a great climbing adventure. We've been a Certificate of Excellence winner 3 times and can't thank our clients and TripAdvisor enough for this honor. Please note: You must pre-register through our website. The location listed is one of the places we work and not an office.
Houston, Texas
“Hands down best rock climbing adventure ever”
Reviewed July 1, 2013

My friend and I chose Rock About because a different company was conducting a shady practice and we didn't feel comfortable with them. Adam was fantastic. Great teacher, very educational, helpful, and informative. Great sense of humor, and easy to get along with. The dogs, Jackson and Macey are adorable and wonderful company. We were taught to rock climb in a beginner friendly manner without pressure or negative practices. One of the most enjoyable trips/adventures I've had the pleasure of experiencing. If you're looking for a great instructor with a great practice, look no further.

Visited June 2013
Rock-About-Climbing, Owner at Rock-About Climbing Adventures, responded to this review, September 30, 2016
Thanks so much for the time you took to write a review. There are definitely folks out there who aren't on the up and up. I work hard to be sure me and my staff are professional throughout the experience. I'm glad that showed through to you guys. Next time you're in Austin go climbing with us again. Take care.

lv
“Adam Kicks @$$!!”
Reviewed June 30, 2013

I went to Rock-About after Scott Harris, the owner of Mountain Madness, screwed me over a couple times. He had been very condescending and difficult to associate with. Adam Mitchell from Rock-About however is an extraordinary teacher. I learned more in the first class that I took with Adam than all of the Mountain Madness classes I had taken prior.

Visited May 2013
Unfortunately there are some bad apples in every part of the business world. But In the end I'm super happy that you were able to go with someone who will teach you the things you needed to know and also those skills were what kept you and your girlfriend alive on your trip to Zion. Epic, but you're alive! Thanks man and let me know if I can ever help you again.
Austin, Texas
“Best camp my son has ever been to”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

My 12-yr old son has been to 2-week sleep away camps the past 2 summers. This summer he wanted to stay home and try some day camps. He loves climbing anything but had never gone climbing with a pro. I signed him up and one of his friends joined him. Adam was their guide. After the 1st day in the Greenbelt, my son thought Adam was the coolest thing ever. By the 5th and final day, he said the week-long day camp was the best camp he had ever experienced. Adam went above and beyond all week. My son and his friend both said Adam was so encouraging, patient and nice. They called him Spider because he climbed with no ropes! They are already asking when they can book another climb with Adam. Best $ ever spent!

Visited June 2013
Thanks so much for reviewing our summer camp. Because of you we started this guy and we have really advanced the camp to be a huge part of our company. So not just thanks for the review, but thanks for the idea and I'm happy to have showed your son the joys of climbing.
Austin, Texas, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Amazing adventure!”
Reviewed June 22, 2013

I cannot write enough great things about Adam and Rock About. If you truly want to rock climb on 'real' rock, then you have to go out with Adam. My daughter just finished a week long summer camp where she learned to belay, climb, rappel, and so on. She came home each day with tales of her fun adventures, and she can't wait to keep climbing. I joined them one day at Reimer's Ranch, and even though I had not climbed in over 10 years, it renewed my love of it. I can't wait to learn to lead climb from Adam soon so I can take my daughters out. Thank you Rock About for being such an excellent guide service, climb on!

Visited June 2013
Shawn thanks so much for your review and for suggesting we start the summer camps. Because of you and Lindsay we have really flourished because of the summer camps. Thanks so much!
Rio de Janeiro
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Amazing time with Rock About”
Reviewed May 30, 2013

I had an amazing climbing experience with rock about.
Some of the qualities of rock about that I experienced:
1 - the climbing conditions weren't great because it rained a lot in the previous day. We had to choose if we would like to wait (to see if the climbing wall would dry) or give up and get a refund. They gave us this options during all day. I'm glad we waited and had such a great time.
2 - During our wait the instructor started teaching us the climbing principles. He sad that if the conditions didn't help, even after the lessons, we would still get a full refund.
3 - The instructor was VERY nice, he made us fell very comfortable and excited to climb.
4 - It is very easy to book a climbing adventure with Rock About, if you need more information just call them.
5 - they were on time.

I recommend climbing with rock about for everyone! It is a great time guaranteed!!

Visited May 2013
1 Thank felipephiladelpho
Thank for your great review. Rain is a crappy part of our job that we deal with often. I'm glad we were able to work it out and you got your climbing day in. And I'm always punctual, or try to be. Take care.