“Wonderful adventure”

Rock-About Climbing Adventures
Ranked #3 of 116 Outdoor Activities in Austin
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Rock-About Has been providing Austin tours since 2001 and our AMGA certified guides have a perfect safety record. Your having a great time is our mission and we have a ton of reviews that reflect our ability. Join us right in the middle of Austin for a great climbing adventure. We've been a Certificate of Excellence winner 3 times and can't thank our clients and TripAdvisor enough for this honor. Please note: You must pre-register through our website. The location listed is one of the places we work and not an office.
Reviewed October 14, 2012

We had Adam as our guide. We felt completely safe (and entertained) the whole time. It was a once in a lifetime experience for some our group and it was perfect! You absolutely cannot go wrong with Adam, and his sweet dog, Jackson.

Rock-About-Inc, Owner at Rock-About Climbing Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2012

terry323,

I'm happy your group had a once-in-a-lifetime experience! It's great to see everyone enjoyed themselves climbing while still feeling safe. I'll be sure to give Jackson a good scratch for you. We would love to have you climb with us again.

Best,

"sweet dog"
"step by step"
"sense of accomplishment"
in 3 reviews
"highly recommend this adventure"
"awesome adventure"

Reviewed October 12, 2012

I wanted to see some of what Texas looked like outside of Austin, and of course wanted a bit of adventure too. I had such a great time climbing rocks and hiking around. Adam was a patient and knowledgable guide. If you like adventure and want to get out and see some of Texas country, this would be a great tour for you!!!!

Hey Kara,

Taking you around hiking and climbing was a blast! I'm glad you had a great time too. Patient, helpful, and knowledgeable is exactly what I want to be. I appreciate your recommendation and hope you'll come visit again.

Best,

Reviewed September 30, 2012

I climbed with Adam recently and had a fantastic experience. He is very knowledgeable over the courses he teaches and has a positive attitude for taking questions. He ensures that everything you are doing is safe and makes the experience for all parties an enjoyable one, whether you are with some friends or by yourself. I will be climbing with rock-about in the future.

Rock-About-Inc, Owner at Rock-About Climbing Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2012

Hi Brad,

Thanks for sharing. I'm happy you had a great time climbing with me! I make safety my top priority so you can focus on learning to climb and having fun. I appreciate your compliments. I'm looking forward to climbing with you again.

All the best,

Reviewed September 18, 2012

My son (age 16) and I had a great half-day rock climbing. It gave us an entirely new perspective on Austin which will provide lasting and vivid memories. Adam was an excellent instructor and we both felt safe during the 30 foot climbs. We highly recommend the experience and will do so again when we next return to Austin (from Pennsylvania),

Rock-About-Inc, Owner at Rock-About Climbing Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2012

Hi Ralph,

I'm glad you and your son had a fun climbing with me! I had a great time taking you guys out. I appreciate your compliments and your recommendation. I'm looking forward to climbing with you again the next time you're in town.

All the best,

See more reviews
Reviewed September 11, 2012

We climbed this past weekend with Tyler at Reimers Ranch. We used a Groupon and are so glad we had the opportunity. We will definitely plan on climbing with Rock About again, with or without a Groupon and look forward to more climbing adventures around South Texas with them. Thanks for knowledge and the adventure!

Rock-About-Inc, Owner at Rock-About Climbing Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2012

MJBWife,

Thanks for taking the time to write your review. I'm happy to see you had a great time climbing with Tyler! He works hard and will be thrilled to hear your compliments. I'm glad you took something away from your excursion. We can't wait to climb with you again.

Cheers,