“Great outdoor experience” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Rock-About Climbing Adventures

Rock-About Climbing Adventures
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Rock-About Has been providing Austin tours since 2001 and our AMGA certified guides have a perfect safety record. Your having a great time is our mission and we have a ton of reviews that reflect our ability. Join us right in the middle of Austin for a great climbing adventure. We've been a Certificate of Excellence winner 3 times and can't thank our clients and TripAdvisor enough for this honor. Please note: You must pre-register through our website. The location listed is one of the places we work and not an office.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great outdoor experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2012

My son (age 16) and I had a great half-day rock climbing. It gave us an entirely new perspective on Austin which will provide lasting and vivid memories. Adam was an excellent instructor and we both felt safe during the 30 foot climbs. We highly recommend the experience and will do so again when we next return to Austin (from Pennsylvania),

Visited September 2012
Rock-About-Inc, Owner at Rock-About Climbing Adventures, responded to this review, September 19, 2012
Hi Ralph,

I'm glad you and your son had a fun climbing with me! I had a great time taking you guys out. I appreciate your compliments and your recommendation. I'm looking forward to climbing with you again the next time you're in town.

All the best,

New Braunfels
“Reimers Ranch Groupon Climb”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2012

We climbed this past weekend with Tyler at Reimers Ranch. We used a Groupon and are so glad we had the opportunity. We will definitely plan on climbing with Rock About again, with or without a Groupon and look forward to more climbing adventures around South Texas with them. Thanks for knowledge and the adventure!

Visited September 2012
Rock-About-Inc, Owner at Rock-About Climbing Adventures, responded to this review, September 13, 2012
MJBWife,

Thanks for taking the time to write your review. I'm happy to see you had a great time climbing with Tyler! He works hard and will be thrilled to hear your compliments. I'm glad you took something away from your excursion. We can't wait to climb with you again.

“RAD”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2012

My girlfriend and I did our first class with Adam from Rock About today... It was awesome! We climb 3-4 times a week in the gym but learned more in 1 day with Adam. Awesome day, awesome climbing, awesome awesome awesome!

I would suggest this to anyone who has never climber before, climbers looking for expert advice or anyone who just wants to have a good time! Super relaxing and Adam really pushed us towards the end.

Rock-About-Inc, Owner at Rock-About Climbing Adventures, responded to this review, September 11, 2012
Gcsurfer005,

Thanks for writing such an awesome review. I'm glad you and your girlfriend had a fun time climbing with me! I am also happy to see you took something away from your experience. I appreciate your recommendation and hope to climb with you again in the future.

Winona, Minnesota
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Lasting Adventure”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2012

Rock-About climbing is a great way to explore the outdoors in Austin.

Adam (owner) is a worthwhile teacher and tends to the needs of the experience you want to get out of the climbing adventure. I told Adam I wanted a challenge so he took the time to switch climbing routes to get me a climb that fit my needs.

When Adam teaches about the basics of climbing he presents the skills in way that you will remember them. also throughout the day he will ask you to tie the knots or carry the ropes, it is nice he doesnt treat you like a child. After the day you will have a better understanding about climbing and even the many skills that are imbedded within rock climbing.

Visited August 2012
Hi kevin,

Thanks for sharing your experience. I'm glad you had a fun time climbing with me! I'll always try my hardest to find a climb that fits your needs and wants. I am happy to see you came away with a better understanding about climbing. I appreciate your compliments and hope to climb with you again in the future. Take care in your Army post and come back safe.

All the best,
Orlando, Florida
5 attraction reviews
“Day of Climbing at Enchanted Rock”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2012

We met Adam at Enchanted Rock for a day of climbing at the end of August, 2012. We had never been before and I was a bit nervous but Adam brought all the equipment and made learning the basics fun and stress-free. It was a hot day (over 100) but the area we were climbing at was mostly shaded so don't let that stop you if it is a warm day! The park was beautiful and we enjoyed the hike to the climbing area almost as much as the climbing itself. :)

We had a fantastic day and ended our visit to Enchanted Rock with great memories of our new experiences. I wouldn't hesitate at all to do this again with Rock-About! It was our favorite thing we did this whole vacation!

For those coming from San Antonio, it is actually the same distance to drive to Enchanted Rock from San Antonio as it is from Austin, and if you want to, you can drive the hour from San Antonio to Fredericksburg and stay the night there and do the last 20 minutes in the morning. That worked out fantastic for us.

Visited August 2012
Cynthia,

Thanks for sharing your experience. I'm happy that you had a fun time climbing with me! Enchanted Rock is a fantastic area to hike, explore, and climb. I'm honored that climbing with me was the favorite part of your vacation. I hope you'll join me again the next time you're in town.