“Very Pleasant Experience” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #82 of 198 Hotels in Austin
Ft. Worth, TX
“Very Pleasant Experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

I had an overnight stay at this hotel on 2/19/2013. I'm admittedly a pretty picky person for hotels, even for just an overnight stay. However, this hotel provided a very pleasant experience from good service, to a nicely appointed room. I did not have an early morning on the 20th and hoped not to be awakened early by those with earlier schedules. My room was completely quiet, and I woke on my own! The room was very comfortable, nicely appointed, and a nice size. The hotel is conviently located, and I would definitely return.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank luvthebeach02
Mara D, Director of Sales at SpringHill Suites Austin South, responded to this review, April 26, 2013
Thank you very much for your compliments for our hotel. We take great pride in our hotel and strive to provide you with the best experience! We hope to see you again the next time you come to Austin.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
BKK
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

We stayed here for a wedding. The room is quite large and comfortable, and the bed was very nice. Staff were helpful as well, and the hot tub and pool is a nice touch. However, you have to choose your room wisely. Ours had a view of the interstate, and it was quite noisy. The sound of the cars would wake us up in the night. In addition, the room key easily gets demagnetized, requiring frequent trips to the front desk. The breakfast is nothing to write home about. our GPS could not find the hotel's address, so we had to ask them for an alternative address, which worked. It's close to the airport, which is good as traffic in Austin can be pretty bad. All in all, this place was fine for what you pay for.

Room Tip: Try to face the parking lot, not the interstate.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay. We are glad to see you liked our location and our friendly staff. We strive to be the cleanest and friendliest hotel! We are so sorry to hear your experience was less than perfect. I want to let you know that when the property was developed in 2000 the highway was not as developed. We do offer options to guests who are sensative to noise such as ear plugs and changing rooms. We hope you will give us a second chance as in the future during your visits to Austin.
The Woodlands, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

I walked in to the lobby asking for a price without calling...there are mulitple hotels in the area and I needed a room because we were going to a bar nearby for a concert and didn't want to stay far away considering we were getting a cab. Anyhow, after checking three hotels, I noticed that they were all fairly high for what they were. I explained to the girl that I found a better price than her, which I did, and that I was tired of looking. I asked her to make me a deal and she matched the price on the spot. Good enough for me.

The only odd thing was that our ADA room didn't seem like it would handle a wheelchair. I could barely walk by the bed to the bathroom without hitting my foot on the tv stand so I know there is no way a handicapped person would be able to function in there. It was a poor layout but it was a "suite" so they had to have the kitchen, living room, bedroom, and bathroom. I wasn't impressed, but I wasn't looking to be.

Oh yeah, parking sucked but they had security in a cart so I felt secure leaving the car out there.

Room Tip: Ask to be closer to the elevators so you don't have to walk far but be sure you are not right ne...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you for reviewing our hotel. We appreciate any and all feedback. We are so sorry to hear that your experience was less than perfect. Our rooms are about 25% larger than the standard guest room. We hope you will give us a second chance as in the future during your visits to Austin. We thank you again for your review and look forward to seeing you in the future.
Laredo, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

Our room was very comfortable. I like that the bathroom had the shower and toilet separate from the wash sink as that is alwaays convenient. Slept well, but hiway traffic noise could be heard slightly. Breakfast was very good with waffles, scrambled eggs, sausage, oatmeal, and assorted cereals and fruit. Very orderly. The desk clerks were very courteous and helpful. There was a short wait for ouir reserved room as they were running late with the cleaning, but all in all, this is a very good hotel!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you for the time taken to write a review. We are pleased that you had an overall good stay with us. We are so sorry to hear your experience was less than perfect. I want to let you know that when our hotel was built in 2000 the highway was not as developed. We do offer two options to guests who are sensative to noise such as earplugs and a change of room can be arraged as well. Thank you again for your time, we hope that you will consider us next time you visit Austin.
New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

Reserved room through Priceline and had no problem with check-in. Spacious suites - we had 2 double beds and a pull out couch, microwave, refrigerator, table and chair, end table, coffee table, TV, another chair, bar sink, and plenty of counter space. Breakfast differed a bit each morning but was very good. Fruits, hard-boiled eggs, scrambled eggs, sausage, sausage/potatoes, waffles, breads/muffins/bagels, oatmeal, cereal, yogurt, tea, coffee, and juices. I'm sure I forgot something. The indoor pool was nice and the outdoor hot tub was even better - even though it was right by the freeway and you could hear traffic. The noise didn't bother us. The exercise room had free-weights, treadmill, elliptical, and recumbent bike. Water, towels, and sanitizing wipes were provided. Each station had a small TV so you could watch while you worked out. One wall is mirrored so you can see into the pool room encase your kids are in the pool.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you for reviewing our hotel. We appreciate any and all feedback as we continue to try and be the cleanest and friendliest hotel. We are pleased you had an overall great stay. We thank you again for the feedback and look forward to hosting you in the future.
Allen, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

We stay here a couple times a year since it is close when we stay to visit our son in college. Although it is not in downtown, it is only a mile from his campus so it is very convenient. They always have things in order. Nothing over the top but a great value and it is consistently well run. On our last visit I found a nice chiprock sidewalk path to jog on. Breakfast is always busy but has a good variety that helps get the day started without having to pay extra at a restaurant. My wife only likes new or recently remodeled hotels and this one has met her requirements. SpringHill has been a good place for us.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars
Thank you for taking time to review our hotel. We are looking to receive a full renovation within the upcoming 12 months so I hope that you will give us a visit. Our breakfast is one of the main reasons our guests choose to stay with us, we are the only hotel in the area that offers an extensive breakfast including: scrambled and boiled eggs, deli meats, cheese tray, pastries, Texas shaped waffles, fresh fruits, cereals, yogurts and much more. Thank you for your review and we hope to see you the next time you visit Austin!
Saint Augustine, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

This is a well run Marriott property just off of I-10 North. The room was spacious and clean with a convenient mini kitchen and comfortable bed. The front desk staff was very friendly and recommended things to do and places to eat. They offer a free shuttle service to 6th Street in the evening, which we did not use but I thought it was a nice amenity. Overall it was a great place to stay!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank CTK6955
Mara D, Director of Sales at SpringHill Suites Austin South, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a wonderful review. We look forward to having you stay with us in the future.