“Pleasant stay”

Residence Inn Austin North/Parmer Lane
Ranked #91 of 201 Hotels in Austin
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed April 6, 2014 via mobile

Just got back from staying 2 days at this hotel. Service was great. The front desk personnel were very friendly. The room was clean and had plenty of space. Easy access to i35. With AAA discount it was a real value.

• Stayed: April 2014
Robert M, General Manager at Residence Inn Austin North/Parmer Lane, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review of your recent stay at the Residence Inn Austin North. We always appreciate feedback from out guests as it is the only way to affirm our processes or learn from our opportunities. Our goal is for our guests to be extremely satisfied with all aspects of their stay and based on your comments we succeeded. We look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to Austin.

Reviewed February 23, 2014

I stayed at the hotel for 3 nights this February. As usual, my partner and I were satisfied with the hotel in general, its location, level of comfort, appearance and amenities and the nice little touches (Valentine's day candy, among them). The staff are particularly friendly and make the weary traveler feel very welcome. We were in a top-floor one bedroom suite which was clean and bright and decorated in rich, warm colors. Had we had the time, we could have cooked a meal here as there were a fridge, two burners, a microwave, dishes, a sink and a nice little table for 2. The only issue we had with this suite was the noisiness of the air conditioning system which made a regular vibration from the 2nd night on. We didn't bother mentioning this at the time to the manager as it wan't major enough to disrupt our stay. When I did mention it at check-out, the manager was very nice and gave us extra Marriott points in compensation. My partner and I definitely recommend this hotel. It deserves 4 1/2 stars!

Room Tip: We always ask for a top floor room.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Robert M, General Manager at Residence Inn Austin North/Parmer Lane, responded to this reviewResponded February 24, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review of your stay at the Residence Inn Austin North. We always are welcoming of all feedback as it is truly the best way for us to improve our guest experience. We thank you for your kind words regarding the staff and the overall feedback of the hotels amenities. I truly apologize for the noise that was encountered from the A/C unit and I am glad that it did not disrupt your stay. We appreciate you receiving our compensation as we want your stay to exceed your expectations in all areas of the hotel.

We look forward to having you return on any future visits to Austin.

Reviewed February 22, 2014

I was extremely pleased with my stay and will stay here again. The staff was wonderful. Upon check-in, the manager mentioned that it looked to him as if I had enough Marriott points to cover all 4 nights and he offerred to check with Marriott. Turns out he was right, and my stay cost zero. However, I should quickly point out that, even if I had fully paid for my stay, I would still rate this hotel as a 5 because it still would have still been a great value.

I have to commend the manager for taking the initiative to take a personal interest in my check-in expereince, because that certainly builds brand loyalty for this particular hotel and for Residence Inn in general. Every staff person was friendly and helpful. For instance, when I was entering information for MapQuest directions into the lobby computer, the lady at the desk was quick to come by and give me the hotel's address so I could enter the starting point. Then when she saw me having trouble printing the directions, she ran over and checked the printer -- needed paper, which she immediately added.

The suite was clean and comfortable with good closet and drawer space. The kitchen includes a small range, microwave, full refrigerator, dishwasher, plates, and cooking untensils. Whole Foods Market is nearby. :-)

Room Tip: If you are planning to cook in the kitchen (as many do in Residence Inns), there are cooking utensil...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review of your stay at the Residence Inn Austin North. Our team's goal is for our guests to receive a world class experience from the moment they walk in to the time they depart. We are extremely happy that we met and exceeded your expectations. As Marriott Reward members, you deserve to take advantage of the points you have earned. We are delighted that we were able to accommodate you in all areas of the hotel and look forward to seeing you on any future trips.

Reviewed February 18, 2014

The staff at this hotel have made our long stay extremely pleasant. They have embraced us and made us feel like family. I feel there is not a thing they wouldn't do for us. They are professional and warm all at the same time. Robert is a hands on manager and a very good one at that.
The construction was a little hairy. Now that it is done it was well worth the hassle.
Terry D. is also a perfect fit for this establishment, along with Anu, Faye, and Rocio.
But of course I would be remiss if I did not mention the cooks and housekeeping staff,
we love all of them as they were family. Thanks again guys.

The Ramsey Clan,

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review of our property. Feedback is always appreciated and getting affirmation from our guests is amazing to hear. The renovation did present some challenges to all involved and the finished product was definitely worth the wait. We appreciate your patience during that time.

You have been a part of our hotel family and we appreciate all the kindness you have shown our staff.

Reviewed January 6, 2014

This Residence Inn is fairly typical of what you would expect from the chain. The lobby is going through renovations and they serve breakfast in a downstairs room. Fay at the front desk was extremely friendly and helpful. Great asset to the hotel.

The rooms were clean and comfortable.

Decent hotel that serves its purpose.

Had lunch at Gloria's by the Domain - excellent, upscale Tex-Mex food.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Robert M, General Manager at Residence Inn Austin North/Parmer Lane, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review of our property. We appreciate you choosing the Residence Inn Austin North for your visit and for your comments regarding the service you received. I will make sure that Fay is recognized for your comments, as we always strive to provide exceptional service and it is great to hear your affirmation. We hope to have your stay with us on your next visit to Austin and see the finished product of our renovation.

Reviewed December 31, 2013 via mobile

We stayed for 8 days over Christmas. Upon check in we learned that the lobby was undergoing renovations, we were not aware when we made the reservation. Not a big deal, but would have been nice to know since the fitness center was out of commission as a result. I specifically requested a ground floor room as one of my children has a fear of elevators. (I try to be an understanding parent) We reserved a ground floor room but when we arrived, other guests were in it. Ooookay, not too cool, but we had a 2nd floor room and she ran the stairs. :) Again, not a huge thing - but when you promise a guest something, you should deliver.
We stayed in a 2 bedroom suite with kitchen. It was exactly the space we needed and allowed us to cook some meals ourselves as opposed to eating out every day. The rooms, while spacious, have some issues. Our dishwasher had a problem, our garbage disposal had a problem, one of the toilets plugged constantly to the point where I asked the staff to just leave us a plunger to manage it ourselves - they were happy to do so. The bathtub faucet leaked water constantly. The furniture is also ready for replacement- the sofa had a large mark on it where it appeared someone had come in wet from the pool and sat on it, staining it, and the kitchen chairs, while having been recovered, had several rips in the chair pads.
However, despite these issues, I'll say that the staff were cheerful, professional and very responsive to our requests. I don't want to be 'that guest' who constantly complains about everything, so I tried to approach everything kindly. They were fantastic. They apologized repeatedly, fixed problems that I noted immediately, and even left us a few gift baskets in our room for the inconvenience. I don't expect or need a palace when traveling; just a comfortable place to sleep. Free breakfast and dinner with drinks is a nice perk, too. I would stay here again.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review of your stay. Feedback is always embraced and appreciated as it is the only way to know what the guest truly experience. Traveling during the holidays can be stressful enough and I am truly sorry that you experienced many issues during your stay. I am happy that our team handled them quickly and to your satisfaction. We are looking forward to having you return on any future visits to Austin.

Reviewed November 8, 2013

I stayed there for 5 weeks during the week. The rooms were large, they didn't feel like I was in a regular hotel because I slept in either a studio or a suite. Either way, they were much more comfortable for a longer stay. The staff is incredible, very friendly and helpful. Every time I had a question or concern the tended to it promptly. They serve breakfast and dinner in the evenings... I was always excellent and homemade!
Location was great and easy to get around for North Austin.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Robert M, General Manager at Residence Inn Austin North/Parmer Lane, responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to complete a survey on your recent stay. We always appreciate to hear feedback on your experience. Our goal is to provide a comfortable room to come home relax after a long day, as well as, provide exceptional guest service to all of our guests. We appreciate your comments regarding our suites, staff and your dining experiences. By your comments, I am happy that we met and even exceeded your expectations.

We appreciate you choosing the Residence Inn Austin North and look forward to having you back on future trips to Austin.