“Great service and a great price”

Residence Inn Austin North/Parmer Lane
Ranked #91 of 201 Hotels in Austin
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed August 11, 2013

One of the nicest Residence Inn's I've stayed at - great breakfast and evening buffets, really helpful staff, and an easy to find location. Price is really good and value for money great. I had stayed at a Hampton Inn closer to downtown but found that that was noisy and the rooms cramped and not as good a value.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Robert M, General Manager at Residence Inn Austin North/Parmer Lane, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to complete a survey of your stay during your trip to Austin. Our team truly appreciates the kind words about the overall experience, including the breakfast and evening buffets. Our team strives to provide exceptional service and a great product to have our want to return. Based on your comments, I believe we succeeded.

Thank you for choosing the Residence Inn Austin North for your recent visit and we look forward to having you back.

Reviewed July 15, 2013

Although this wasn't our first choice in the area, it should have been. My family and I initially attempted a stay at the Spring Hill Suites (SHS) right next door on what seems like the same piece of land (encountered a problem at the SHS - see my review for details). After a call by the manager at the SHS, the General Manager at the Residence Inn, Bob, and his team of professionals gladly took us in an honored our rate from the SHS. As soon as we walked in and were greeted by the Assistant Manager, Terry, we knew we would not be disappointed. Terry welcomed us, recognized our inconveniences from the SHS (the sweat on my head from moving our luggage across the parking lot must have been evident) and offered us free cold drinks from the small market type area next to the front desk. He even went so far as to recommend a brand of beer from the cooler! It seemed to be the turning point for our trip after a flight from NYC and a poor experience at the first hotel which were leaving family spirits lower than we hoped. We (my wife, 4 year old, 7 month old and I) spent five nights at this wonderful property. The hotel is located approximately 30 minutes or so north of the Austin airport and downtown. Not wanting to be in the heart of the city, this definitely met our needs. The hotel is situated alongside a busy interstate but far enough away that noise was never a factor and travel within the area was convenient. There were several shopping centers and restaurants in the immediate area. Walking access to shopping/restaurants would probably be difficult due to the highway and main roads nearby, however with our rental vehicle, everything was within minutes and easily accessible.
The hotel is well maintained both inside and out and our king suite featured a separate (yes, there's a door between the two) bedroom and living room/kitchen. The living room kitchen area featured a full size fridge, microwave, sink, dishes and flatware. Both the living room and bedroom had its own flat panel TV with plenty of channels. The room was spacious even with the sofabed open and a portable crib in place (the hotel provided a standard pack n play type model for us). The rooms A/C system was adequate for the high temperatures outside and ran quietly. The outdoor recreation area had a swimming pool, hot tub and small tennis/basketball court. Recreation items (i.e. rackets, basketballs) were available free of charge. Breakfast was way above average for a "complimentary hotel breakfast" with everything from fresh fruits (apples, blueberries, bananas), to Texas shaped waffles with all the fixins, eggs, potatoes, meats, oatmeal, toast, bagels and even some Asian options. Coffee was complimentary and available all day long in the lobby. The breakfast would not be complete without more exceptional service from the young lady that takes care of the dining area. I really wish I got her name because she was just as fantastic as the rest of the staff. She kept everything fresh, full and the whole area clean while having the same polite, courteous and friendly demeanor that this property has become known for. The early week complimentary dinners were also good and offered things such as buffalo wings, salads and grilled hamburgers (they cooked 'em fresh on a grill out by the pool). They even included free beer and wine! When my son asked for a chocolate milk, it was met with the same "My pleasure" that we received anytime we asked or thanked the staff for something.
All in all, the staff at this property made you feel like one of the family. When you walked in the front door, whoever was at the front desk would stand up and welcome you. One day, we needed towels for the pool and met GM Bob at the front desk. Bob not only got us some towels, he brought us out to the pool and skimmed some leaves/bugs off the top in his suit and tie (not to mention it was about 95 degrees and sunshine was pouring down on him)! He asked us about our trip, told us about his wife and kids and even gave us some recommendations of area attractions/restaurants which were spot on. The service here was second to none! Assistant GM Terry was just as helpful and genuinely interested in making sure our stay was great. I can not say enough good things about the staff here. Our stay was an experience we will never forget and will forever compare service at other hotels/resorts to this one. For instance, during our trip to Texas, we also stayed at two premier resorts in San Antonio (Westin La Cantera and JW Marriott Hill Country Resort) after this Residence Inn stay. Both other resorts had the premier amenities you would expect like pools, water slides, golf courses, restaurants and upscale rooms. The one thing they lacked was the genuine, attentive, one-on-one, member of the family style service that we received at this Residence Inn. Don't get me wrong, the service at those properties was excellent, but the service provided by the Residence Inn staff was that much better. If you're in the Austin area and don't want to stay downtown, this should be your only choice. We liked it so much, we canceled a one night stay at another hotel closer to the airport at the end or our trip and Terry booked us here with the same rate and the same genuine "My pleasure." Excellent job GM Bob and staff!

Room Tip: If you have a lot of luggage, a room on the first floor is beneficial as the elevator is down the ha...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Robert M, General Manager at Residence Inn Austin North/Parmer Lane, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2013

Thank you for taking time to complete a survey on your recent trip to Austin. I am very happy to read your comments, specifically around our guest service. Our team strives to provide exceptional service along with a clean, comfortable room with all the amenities for our guests to enjoy. I am glad that we met all of your needs and turned your visit to Austin around. I will definitely pass the recognition to the team, as they always appreciate our guests comments on their stay.

Thank you for visiting the Residence Inn and we look forward to seeing you in the future.

Reviewed July 7, 2013

I enjoyed staying here. The location was right off the highway. The elevator was down the hall, it should really be by the lobby. we had to walk down the hall, then get to our floor and walk back. The air in the room seem not to be working and they gave us a new room. The staff was really nice and helped us when we need anything. I liked that we had two TV's and the full kitchen.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Robert M, General Manager at Residence Inn Austin North/Parmer Lane, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to complete a survey on our property. We always appreciate feedback from our guests. I truly apologize about you experiencing any problems with the air in your room, especially with the hot weather we had recently. I am happy that our staff helped rectify the problem and the rest of your stay was comfortable. Our teams goal is for all our guests to feel comfortable, appreciated and to have them return on future visits.

Thank you again for choosing our hotel and we look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed June 18, 2013

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay. I have stayed in many Residence Inns (I am a travel agent and they are my brand of choice, especially when traveling with my kids!), but there was a key element that really stood out to me about your hotel. I have never had a bad or even a 'so-so' experience at a Residence Inn, but your staff (including the manager, which I assume was you) was above and beyone!! We needed a rollaway, and it was a bit late in the evening, but it was brought up to our room by the manager. We were very impressed.

The sweet girl that worked the reception desk on June 12-13 was just unbelievable. She worked a very long shift- she greeted me about 4 pm on June 12, was there late in the evening and still smiling the next morning! Always friendly, offering my kids candy canes and snacks, getting tennis rackets out of the closet MULTIPLE times - I could not believe the smile that she always had on her face when I know she HAD to be tired!! The lady that was in charge of the food service stations was also so very friendly.

Honestly, I feel bad just mentioning the manager and these two, as every employee that we came across was extremely friendly and helpful.

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay- the complimentary evening meal was such an added bonus- some of the Residence Inns we have stayed at did not offer anything to go with the 'main course item', but this hotel did! We were really able to save some time and money!

Very clean and relaxing pool area, spotless room, very comfortable lobby/den area. A fantastic property- also great location- just off I-35, but none of the noise; close to a city park and just right across the highway from a large shopping center.

1  Thank travelgirl301
Robert M, General Manager at Residence Inn Austin North/Parmer Lane, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review of our hotel. I am very happy to hear that your stay exceeded your expectations, as our goal is deliver superior service with a clean, comfortable room for our guests to enjoy. As a travel agent, I can imagine that it is very important for you to have confidence in the hotel's you recommend to your clients and I hope that with your experience, the Residence Inn Austin North will be on the top of your list.

Thank you again for choosing our hotel for your visit and we look forwared to having you back.

Reviewed May 21, 2013

They have been like family to me. I enjoyed staying there. Whenever I ask for something they go extra miles to get it done for me. The food is also wonderfull. they have a better selection than any other places. I know, I am going to miss them.

Room Tip: I sayed on the thirs floor and didn't have any noise or other problems.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank Girma T
Robert M, General Manager at Residence Inn Austin North/Parmer Lane, responded to this reviewResponded May 24, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review of our hotel. It was a pleasure having you here and I am very delighted that we could meet all of your expectations. We are always striving for our customers to be comfortable and feel like part of our family. I am happy we succeeded that with your stay. Take care and I look forward to seeing in the future.

Reviewed May 9, 2013

This was our second stay at this hotel and it was as nice as the first. This hotel has the best customer service we have ever had in any hotel. I have never been to a hotel where every employee is friendly and goes out of their way to be helpful. From the free bottled watter or soda at check in, to the wonderful free breakfast buffet and "happy hours" that give you enough food and drink that you can skip dinner, everything was great. The hotel is always spotless. Plenty of towels in the rooms and by the pool. Although we are not thrilled with its location (we have stayed at other hotels in the Arboretum area which is more convienent) we will continue to stay here when we come down to visit family because of our past two experiences.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Robert M, General Manager at Residence Inn Austin North/Parmer Lane, responded to this reviewResponded May 11, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review of our hotel. It is such a great compliment to have our guests return on future visits and have the consistent service from prior visits. Our team strives to give our guests an experience worth returning for and I appreciate your comments as we achieved that with your experience. I look forward to having you return for your 3rd stay.

Reviewed May 6, 2013

This hotel is too good. The best part is the service which the service desk people provide you.
I have fallen sick the day i landed in Austin and I did not knew anybody.
The reception desk ladies helped me out to find a hospital, dropped and pick me from the hospital in their own personal vehicle.
This was clearly our of the scope of there duties but they still did it and I am very much thankfull to them to help me during my hard times.

Thanks a lot Anugraha Sharma for helping me out.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank Gaurav B

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review of your stay, feedback is always apprecitaed. Traveling and getting sick at the same time is never a fun experience. I am glad that we were able to provide you with the ability to get to the hospital and get treatment for you ailment. We appreciate you choosing Residence Inn Austin North for your visit and look forward to seeing you in the future.